View Single Post
Old 03-29-2012, 02:40 PM   #778
RoXer
History's Greatest, Mr. E

RoXer makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)RoXer makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)RoXer makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)RoXer makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)RoXer makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)RoXer makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)RoXer makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)RoXer makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)RoXer makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)RoXer makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)RoXer makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)RoXer makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)RoXer makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Games I've Beaten in 2012:

Saints Row: The Third - 86
Ultimate MvC 3 - 80
Mortal Kombat - 85
From Dust - 75
Street Fighter III: Third Strike Online Edition - 60
Skate 3 - 82
Back to the Future: The Game - 70
Gears of War 3 - 76
The Simpsons: The Arcade Game - 56
Mass Effect 3 - 86
Payday: The Heist - 70
MLB 12: The Show - 83
NBA 2K12 - 79

Haven't finished Payday but I don't think I will. Doing the last two or three missions require you to level up a bit to get different loadouts/abilities and I don't feel like playing it that much. It's not a bad game but the movement can feel a little clunky at times. I wish that you had to do more than hold one button when interacting with objects. Maybe rotate the analog stick, complete a quick time event, or something. Lack of communication from playing on PS3 didn't help either. But it's a fun co-op shooter. Could have used a few more missions I think but for however much I paid for it, it's pretty good.

Although I'm not "done" with the sports games I've played enough to know what I see. I really enjoy Diamond Dynasty in The Show. At first I did. Now though, I think the rest of the teams are going to be overpowered cheaters. The system of using X amount of created players along with X amount of MLB players for only X amount of games and improving the created players to X amount of attributes for X amount of cash needs to be improved. I don't know how. I haven't spent enough time with the system yet but I'll think of something.

The game itself is fine. As long as you have an hour to kill for each game. You COULD speed up the in game time by ignoring cutscenes, making the CPU throw more strikes, etc but if you tinker with those settings than it ruins the pitcher/batter battle which is really what baseball is all about.

2K is what it is. I'm starting to get sick of it though. I think it's the controls and the fact that I can never pass to who I want to.

Working on: Street Fighter X Tekken, Soul Calibur V, Dark Souls, Dungeon Defenders, Magicka, Bastion, Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Trilogy Collection HD, Resident Evil 5, Metal Gear Solid Collection, Deadly Premonition

Last edited by RoXer; 03-29-2012 at 03:07 PM.
RoXer is offline   Reply With Quote