View Single Post
Old 02-16-2013, 04:03 AM   #1260
Fignuts
Hey Mister!

Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Fall of Cybertron - 8/10

Best Transformers game to date. War for cybertron was a good game, but its repetitive scenery and lack of variety in playable characters brought it down for me.

Fall of Cybertron fixes this by having each character play differently, and offers greater mission variety. Obvious highlights are playing as Grimlock and Bruticus, but even characters like Jazz and Vortex offer a unique experience given that missions are structured around their abilities.

The downside is that co-op was removed. But if it means a more unique single player experience, then for me it's worth it.

My one big gripe with this game however, is the lack of boss fights. War for cybertron made up for its faults with a plethora of fun and at times epic boss fights. FoC has very few boss fights. There are characters that could be bosses, but you end up fighting a bunch of regular enemies and then the character gets beaten in a cut scene. Shockwave is the main protagonist of the Dinobot section, and you never even fight him. You only actually fight one of the insecticons.

So although there are no epic boss battles besides the final fight, playing as some of these characters is just as epic.

I really hope they make another one, and continue the story on earth.
Fignuts is offline   Reply With Quote