View Single Post
Old 01-25-2014, 01:53 PM   #1587
Evil Vito
President of Freedonia

Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
PWInsider had reported Bryan/Sheamus yesterday and is now saying the top 5 Mania matches are "basically set in stone" as being:

Batista vs. Orton for the title
Taker vs. Lesnar
Cena vs. Wyatt
HHH vs. Punk
Bryan vs. Sheamus

As per usual with the dirt sheets, I call bullshit. WWE don't seem to believe in long-term planning for the most part so I can't imagine they actually have their top 5 matches already laid out. If that did wind up being the top matches on the card though, jeez. Good thing WWE Network basically gives you all the PPVs for a $10 subscription because $10 seems to be about what that card is worth. "Different strokes for different folks" and all that but for me there just really isn't much there that interests me on that proposed card, especially not for what is meant to be the biggest PPV of all time.

Very difficult to imagine me caring about Orton/Batista. I haven't given the least bit of a shit about Orton in months and Heeltista is the only Batista I like. I love Taker and Lesnar and a WM match between them has been rumored for quite some time but I don't know if Taker can really work the kind of violent, physical match that made Lesnar/Cena and Lesnar/Punk so great at this point.

Wyatt facing Cena makes sense as Wyatt is trying to take down "the machine" and I don't doubt the promos would be phenomenal, but the match itself would seem to be pretty meh, I love the guy I'm just not sure Wyatt is ready for such a big stage. Plus you can see Cena miraculously overcoming the odds and taking down the entire Family on his own coming from a mile away.

I just don't have any desire to see Triple H wrestling in 2014, but his match with Punk is virtually the one "lock" on the card based on the build already so whatever. And Bryan/Sheamus, as mentioned yesterday, makes sense if Sheamus goes corporate and brings up their past WM history but still it feels like WWE's most over commodity should be in a match higher than 5th in importance on the card.

Oh and I also read they are trying to get Warrior to do a match with Ryback. Laughed my ass off at that thought.

We'll see. Still plenty of time for things to fall into place.
Evil Vito is offline   Reply With Quote