View Single Post
Old 08-24-2014, 09:41 PM   #8851
Sepholio
3 Dicks Out For Trips

Sepholio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sepholio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sepholio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sepholio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sepholio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sepholio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sepholio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sepholio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sepholio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sepholio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sepholio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sepholio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sepholio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by drave View Post
It really is easy. You have a group of like-minded individuals get together, it is not difficult at all to get a sizeable network in place in a 30 day timeframe.

Also, those like minded individuals would clearly already have the knowledge needed or else they wouldn't plan it from the get go. I legit lol'd at using "proxies" for IP spoofing, unless you mean something different than using a service as a proxy.

The biggest issue is so called "script kiddies" not having the required know-how and therefore never really getting "into a group" if you will, that would execute said attacks. DDoS really is entry level hacking, it is far from difficult to achieve. I believe you may underestimate the black hat crowd of the world.
I was referring to spoofing and routing through proxies as 2 separate things. Routing through 'proxies' in order to make it more difficult/take more time to fully trace; spoofing the IP as a last resort so if anyone fully traces the attack they get a bogus IP returned and not a legit one.

I'm aware I'm not using the term proxy correctly; old terminology me and a few of my associates used like 12-13 years ago when we were super awesome script kiddies 4 lyfe. We referred to every single different node we routed through as a proxy; i.e. if we routed through 25 different nodes, we said 25 proxies. Because we were 31337. And stuff.

Botnets were much more difficult back in those days. Spent so much time on mIRC on sorcery.net. We ran a couple respectable DDoS attacks though in the end, and it was worth it to us at the time.
Sepholio is offline   Reply With Quote