Thread: NFL Thread
View Single Post
Old 12-28-2014, 07:07 PM   #2608
Evil Vito
President of Freedonia

Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Oh, right. Need to do my Giants end of season wrap-up post. If you had told me before the year that the Giants would finish 6-10, I'd have told you that it'd be the end of the Manning-Coughlin Era, but it's definitely going to last another year. Neither man is to blame for this.

Eli is the least of their worries. He was shit last year but it's clear he's taken to the new offense. Second-highest TDs and yardage in his career, lowest INT total since 2009, and after all the preseason laughing about McAdoo wanting him to complete 70% of his passes, he wound up completing 63.1% which is not bad at all. He's on the same page as OBJ, which is reason enough to keep him. Throw in the fact that there is nobody better available and Eli coming back is an easy choice. The only question left is whether they extend him this offseason as 2015 is his final year under contract.

And with Coughlin, he's a good coach. And again, there are no better, realistic options to replace him. The fall guys should be Perry Fewell and Tom Quinn, as the defense and special teams have been a mess for years.

I think Walton and Jerry are weak links on OL. Ideally they draft a RT and next years OL is Beatty-Schwartz-Richburg-Pugh-New Guy. I expect OT will be their top target in the draft unless JPP walks, in which case it might be a classic Giants DE pick.