View Single Post
Old 05-19-2015, 07:51 PM   #9562
Kalyx triaD
Raw Video Footage

Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fignuts View Post
I haven't gotten as jaded with the gaming world, but then again I play a lot of digital indy games, where the creativity isn't stifled, so I still experience a lot of the "magic" of video games on a regular basis.

I think you need to do the same. Maybe I'm wrong, but I feel like I only see you playing the big titles run by giant publishers that are responsible for all of your ire. I think you need to take a break and play stuff like Ori and the Blind Forest once in a while. If only to appreciate that there are still people making this stuff who actually care about the industry.
My thought on indies is a lot of it is shit. Too concerned with introspection and often doesn't care for the gameplay experience. I always why indies don't try more often to replicate great game design in an environment devoid of suits and aggressive profit margins. Yooka Laylee, Bloodstained, Mighty #9, and to a degree anything from Platinum are games that largely avoid the pitfalls of AAA culture while retaining what got gaming to that status in the first place. A lot of indy misses the point, imo.

It's why you see I don't play many games and ones I do I stay dedicated to for a while. I'm real big on gameplay experience and seeing it maintain the 'fun factor'. Very few indies build with that in mind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drave View Post
Strider is great too, for a "Metroidvania" type game.
What's wrong with Metroidvania games? They're pretty good.
Kalyx triaD is offline   Reply With Quote