Thread: MLB Thread
View Single Post
Old 11-07-2015, 09:25 PM   #4349
Evil Vito
President of Freedonia

Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Damian Rey View Post
Hey Vito, what do you think it'd take for Alderson to ship Lagares to the Padres? San Diego ranked near or at the very bottom in nearly every defensive category. Lagares was about the best centerfielder in the game in 2013 and 14 defensively. I'd take the light bat if that defense showed up going forward.
I don't think moving Lagares is on the Mets' radar unless it takes a longer-term commitment to land a CF than they're anticipating. It sounds like they're going to hope that they can get a guy like Span for a year or two and pair him in a platoon with Lagares staying to face LHP rather than signing a full-time CF outright.

But if they do something surprising and sign a guy like Fowler to a 4 year deal, then yeah they might decide to move Lagares before his big money kicks in later in the deal. I suspect they'd be looking for a bullpen arm. Benoit is always someone I've wanted the Mets to go after but I don't see a chance in hell they spend $8 million for a relief arm. They'd probably ask for a guy like Quackenbush or something instead: young guy with potential still in pre-arbitration years.