Thread: MLB Thread
View Single Post
Old 07-12-2016, 07:29 PM   #6412
Emperor Smeat
Former TPWW Royalty

Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dastardly Dale Newstead View Post
Kind of wish there wasn't an all star game, just all star teams announced at the end of the year, so the season can keep going. I like real baseball games, not this bullshit with a silly stipulation.

I also think the home run derby while "fun" and "traditional" is stupid as fuck. I don't really care about watching sluggers taking batting practice, if I do that I'll just go to a Jays game early and watch some of their sluggers sock some dingers.

I mean I guess people seem to like it so who am I to judge it, but I want to watch my team play big games.
Would probably still need some sort of break just because of how long the season is. Agree about MLB should probably get rid of who gets home field for the World Series as a stip. Probably wouldn't have happened if Selig didn't panic when his former team had a miserable ending to their All-Star game.

If any sport would really benefit without an actual all-star game, it would be the NFL. Pretty much a very watered down version of regular games except happens after the season is over and most players not caring besides the extra pay check for gettign named an all-star.