View Single Post
Old 01-14-2017, 06:42 PM   #31577
Mr. Nerfect

Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Droford View Post
I'm trying to figure out why people care what Cornette thinks about wrestling in the year 2017. Stuff from 25+ years ago..sure..He's naturally gonna hate 99% of the current product for 1 reason or another.
The guy still has a lot to offer, and even if people don't like him because he doesn't like the stunts/ironic stuff they like in 2017, I just wish people would objectively realize that. The dude is still one of the best promos in the business if you listen to him shill one of his personal appearances. When he cuts loose on a Kenny King, for example, it is one of the most glorious things ever.

But most of all, just listen to him when he gets his hands on something he loves. I very strongly recommend looking up him praising The Revival (I might even post it myself). Holy shit, when he flies into a tear about all the things they did right, pointing out some things they could improve along the way, basically giving them an OVW instructional lesson for free, by freakin' osmosis you "get it."

Granted, Cornette didn't work directly with The Revival and they do have access to some of the best trainers wrestling has going at the moment -- you can't give him credit for them -- but I guarantee they heard what he said and took it on board. They are one of the most old school acts in WWE and they happened to have the best match of 2016 even by the WWE's standards.

He's useful. Very useful. He's probably not the only source you should use for your wrestling knowledge, and he'd be the first to admit that -- there's an entire library out there -- but there is a lot to pick up from him.
Mr. Nerfect is offline   Reply With Quote