View Single Post
Old 01-26-2017, 08:28 PM   #31843
Damian Rey 2.0

Damian Rey 2.0 makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Damian Rey 2.0 makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Damian Rey 2.0 makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Damian Rey 2.0 makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Damian Rey 2.0 makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Damian Rey 2.0 makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Damian Rey 2.0 makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Damian Rey 2.0 makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Damian Rey 2.0 makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Damian Rey 2.0 makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Damian Rey 2.0 makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Damian Rey 2.0 makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Damian Rey 2.0 makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by #1-wwf-fan View Post
Something about Lesnar-Goldberg main eventing doesn't do it for me. I can't put my finger on it. Maybe it's the fact that it's the rematch of a squash. Maybe their first WrestleMania match is still in the back of my mind and this could be a similar situation. It might be the best option sadly though.

Reigns vs Lesnar had potential but it ended up basically being a heel vs heel match. Although the match was booked pretty perfectly for Reigns to get over as a face until the end.
I can see that. It still has aura to me though. They are two legitimate stars. And there's a story there that makes sense regardless of who goes over.

With Reigns Lesnar, I feel two things hurt it. Number 1, Brock at that point was pretty much a face. He was over as fuck and getting face pops since August the year before. Two is that Reigns was being completely rejected by the crowd. The way the match was though was perfect.

Reigns looked good, even though I personally didn't care for the smiling stuff, and Lesnar maintained his monster terminator gimmick while also giving Reigns some shine.

It would've been better had Reigns actually gotten the big win and the run of beating Lesnar. If they were dead set on Rollins cashing in, have Lesnar go ape shit on Reigns, or have Rollins sneak in during the celebration and go that route.

But still, the felt like a pretty big main event. I will admit Taker Reigns has a big fight feel. Big dog trying to claim the yard. Makes sense, only if Reigns goes over though. Taker doesn't need the win, but Roman does.
Damian Rey 2.0 is offline   Reply With Quote