View Single Post
Old 06-07-2017, 12:39 AM   #1153
Emperor Smeat
Former TPWW Royalty

Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Dirtsheets sponsored by Random WCW Gif:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Observer
The WWE got a shockingly big PPV boost from Extreme Rules, as Raw averaged 2.98 million viewers and was the most-watched show last night on cable television ...

It was the largest audience to watch Raw since the April 24th show and largest first hour since April 17th.

The three hours were:

8 p.m. 3.11 million viewers
9 p.m. 3.11 million viewers
10 p.m. 2.76 million viewers
WWE has the strong chance of getting lucky with the end of direct NBA competition if the NBA Finals ends in a sweep (Warriors up 2-0 currently). If not, Game 5 is scheduled to occur next Monday.

Quote:
Pro Wrestling Sheet reported the WWE will run shows twice a month starting shortly to tape the U.K. television show and that several of the wrestlers were signed to new contracts, listing Pete Dunne, Tyler Bate, Trent Seven, Wolfgang and Mark Andrews who will be brought to Orlando at times as well as continue to work in the U.K. We had reported weeks back that WWE had contacted U.K. venues that are already well known for shows with other promotions regarding taping television at least once a month. No first date has been announced but originally the plan was to have a taping in June, but that may be rushing it.
Quote:
Smith Hart, 68, the oldest brother of Bret Hart, who is suffering from cancer, was moved to Hospice Care in recent days which is sad news. Best wishes to Smith right now and to the entire Hart family.
Quote:
Thea Trinidad has signed a WWE developmental contract according to Pro Wrestling Sheet. She debuted at the last set of tapings as a second for Andrade Cien Almas. She is the girlfriend of Austin Aries.
For some reference, she plays AJ Lee in the upcoming Paige biopic being produced by Rock's film studio.

Quote:
John Cena will be on the Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon on 6/9, likely to promote the debut of the new American Grit TV show.
Quote:
Owens posted that he has a broken thumb but said he won't miss any time because of it.
Link to the tweet: https://twitter.com/FightOwensFight/...18456753655808

Quote:
Members of the NXT roster were in Manchester today visiting those affected by last month's bombing. WWE, Sky News, and other outlets have posted articles about Bobby Roode, Nikki Cross, Mark Andrews, and PROGRESS Wrestling's Jim Smallman visiting an eight-year-old girl who was injured in the attack. Ember Moon, Roderick Strong, Trent Seven, and Jack Gallagher also donated items at a Red Cross to help with the emergency fund.
Quote:
Sports Business Journal has a study on how viewership for sports on television has gotten older over the past decade. The study found that the median age for those watching pro wrestling on TV was 54 years old in 2016, which is up from 28 in 2000 and 33 in 2006. Dave Meltzer noted on Twitter that the average age of those watching Raw and SmackDown is in the 40s.
Link to the report: http://www.sportsbusinessdaily.com/J...ip-trends.aspx , Link to Meltzer's tweet: https://twitter.com/davemeltzerWON/s...80323089391616

Quote:
In an update on the situation with What Culture Pro Wrestling and YouTube, WCPW had the strike that YouTube gave their channel removed and their "Fight Back" show has been added back to the service. YouTube had given them the strike for supposedly violating their policy on spam and deceptive practices.
Link to the update: https://twitter.com/AdamTheBlampied/...05997409304577

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
We've had a number of readers ask whether there was a major reason that caused WWE to keep Matt and Jeff Hardy from appearing on Raw last night. Sources indicate they will be working a reduced schedule the next few weeks as Matt's wife Rebecca is scheduled to give birth to their second child very soon.

On the Impact Wrestling-Broken Hardys gimmick front, there has been very little said publicly by either side of late, which I believe is a sign that they are quietly trying to negotiate some sort of agreement. Billy Corgan had been trying to mediate, but there's no confirmation he is still involved.

We have also heard the Hardys sit-down interview with Corey Graves that was filmed before Extreme Rules in Baltimore will likely be used in some form on an upcoming edition of Bring It To The Table. WWE is filming the latest episode of that series this week to debut it next Monday following Raw.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
WWE plans to distribute the Mae Young Classic tournament in a different way, PWInsider.com has exclusively confirmed.

The plan is to film the 32-woman tournament on 7/13 and 7/14 at Full Sail University in Winter Park, Florida for the WWE Network.

The Network will debut a preview special for the tournament on 8/20 with the first round of the tournament being released via Video on Demand the final week of August as a way to let fans binge the "episodes."

The second round will be released the first week in September, again via the VOD service. Initially, the plan was to release them Summerslam week but the decision was made to hold off so that the women's tournament was not overshadowed by everything else WWE had scheduled for that week, which is pretty smart.

The current plan is to hold the finals live on Tuesday 9/12. Currently, the only WWE event scheduled that day is a taping in Las Vegas for the Smackdown brand, so it may be that the finals of the Mae Young Classic will air live on the Network from Las Vegas
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
On June 4th, former WCW Heavyweight Champion Van Vader announced that he would be retiring. His tweet read: “With great sorrow I leave my first born, my greatest love of all, for a chance to exist in the same plain of existence of my Gr Ch yet to exist”

With Great Sorrow I leave my first born my greatest love of All for a chance to exist inthe same plain of existance of my Gr Ch yet to exist
— Big Van Vader (@itsvadertime) June 4, 2017

The 62-year-old legend has been through a lot, since he was diagnosed with congestive heart failure. His chances of prognosis are slim, with doctors giving him up to two years to live. Big Van Vader has gone against the grain, his willpower and strength is commendable. Sadly, he collapsed during the Tatsumi Fujinami 45th Anniversary show in April - a six-man tag team match, where he worked with Keji Muto and Akira in Japan. His original tweet “for a chance to exist in the same plain of existence as my Gr Ch yet to exit” refers to his wish to see his grandchildren one day. It was this tweet that lead fans and wrestling industry officials alike, to believe that Van Vader would be hanging up his boots. In fact, it turns out that Van Vader will not be giving up his career in wrestling and has vowed to continue his long successful career, despite his condition. He replied to his own tweet on June 5th with “As usual some one got it wrong. I have not wrestled my last match. Lord willing not for years yet. Love it when you got them guessing.”

As usual some one got it wrong I have not wrestled my last match Lord wilinng not for yrs yet Love it when u got them guessing https://t.co/0s5ozMmDK5
— Big Van Vader (@itsvadertime) June 5, 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
The United States Patent and Trademark Office partially suspended Bruce Tharpe's registration of the National Wrestling Alliance trademark (which was filed for back in March after it expired in December 2016) on 6/4 due to "a likelihood of confusion with a registered mark and under Trademark Act Sections 1 and 45 for failure to show the applied-for mark in use in commerce with any of the specified goods in Class 25. The applicant was also informed that the marks in two pending applications present a potential bar to registration under Section 2(d), if registered. In addition, applicant was required to provide an amended definite identification of goods, provide information relevant to examination under 37 C.F.R. §2.61(b), clarify the mark description, provide clarification regarding the claimed dates of first use, and provide clarification regarding the applicant’s claim of concurrent use."

It appears based on the ruling that the issue at play is related to merchandising of the NWA brand, specifically that the NWA name may come into conflict with other existing applications featuring a similar brand name and that Tharpe, in his application, did not show adequate proof that the brand was currently being used in commerce, i.e. was actually being sold.

PWInsider.com reported several weeks ago that the Billy Corgan purchase of the NWA brand was "in jeopardy" according to numerous sources but has learned that since then, the Corgan and Tharpe sides have continued discussions.
Basically the new trademark was partially rejected due to it infringing on another company(s) NWA-like trademarks and the wording not being enough to prove the NWA itself is still an active company.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WrestleInc
The next "Table For 3" on the WWE Network will air on Monday, June 19th after RAW goes off the air with Kelly Kelly, Eve Torres and Maryse.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WrestleInc
Several readers pointed out that Michael Cole said during commentary on last night's RAW that Roman Reigns "perhaps" sent The Undertaker into retirement at WrestleMania, which we mentioned on our podcast last night. While WWE isn't publicly closing the door on Taker's career, we reported last month that Taker was at the David H Koch Pavilion Hospital for Special Surgery in Manhattan, which is one of the best in the country for orthopaedics, which would seem to indicate that Taker will be undergoing the hip surgery that he had been delaying until he retired.

Some other sheet news:
Emperor Smeat is offline   Reply With Quote