View Single Post
Old 07-24-2018, 07:14 PM   #43773
Mr. Nerfect

Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slik View Post
Steph said several years ago 'Philanthropy is the new PR' and I think 'The Women's Revolution' is a marketing gimmick, just like how every woman is now a 'goddess, warrior, princess' etc

But -- there are still plusses to come from that. Those are great terms for little kids to hear about women. I think the all women's show is a great opportunity for WWE to make some money and get good PR. I also think they'll return to Saudia Arabia before WM too.
I agree with you that it is a marketing gimmick. They clearly don't give a shit about their women -- hence the Saudi stuff.

It is a great time for little girls to hear about women and pioneers; I just don't think WWE is a great example of that, where tits and ass still rule the day, and girls still fight over high school drama. They're also copying the male wrestlers, because Steph is obsessed with the idea of "lady balls," not releasing that male bravado is one of the things a lot of women's rights activists would love to get away from.

I think an all-woman show highlighting female talent could be great. I've suggested that they do one for ages. I've wanted them to get their own TV show too. I'd love for it to be booked correctly and proper stories to come out of the division too. I'd also like $5,000,000 and a threesome with Emma and Becky Lynch. I think it's the tone people are put off by. It's so fake. If it inspires more female doctors and scientists though, cool.
Mr. Nerfect is offline   Reply With Quote