View Single Post
Old 10-09-2018, 07:26 AM   #35
Mr. Nerfect

Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slik View Post
WWE isn't geared towards kids. They don't shy away from the kids demographics, hence the action figures in stores and so forth, but it's not their largest market.

The largest viewing demographic of WWE's product is consistently over the age of 50.
Just because that's the audience they get, that doesn't mean that's the audience they gear themselves too. The high school drama, the broad and obtuse character motivations: WWE wants to gear themselves towards kids -- they just think kids are stupid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simple Fan View Post
Just because previous regime's made bad decisions doesn't mean Impact is bad.

They've really stepped up their game this year. Don Callis and Scott D'Amore have been great for the company. As a guy that watches ROH and a weekly basis I promise you it doesn't top Impact. They don't even try to make their TV match up with live events or shows with NJPW. Being the Elite carries more storylines than ROH TV does.

I won't disagree on Lucha Underground because its great but its not your typical promotion. Impact gets to use Lucha Underground talent and use them well. They also work with House of Hardcore which I also watch, good show but it doesn't have as much as Impact does. The NWA has put out some great stuff on YouTube and will be putting on their first show later this month.

Impact has a solid 2 hour wrestling show every week that has something for preety much everybody. It's not geared towards kids but it is kid safe. I feel like they've taken an old school approach to their booking with none of the shady things that TNA had a reputation of doing.

Just my personal opinion but you should watch more wrestling.
But the previous regime burning everyone else does cause a lack of faith in the product. If you buy any business with a bad reputation, you have to battle against that reputation. TNA has a very established relationship with wrestling fans, and fans don't owe them shit when it comes to giving them another chance.

Neither Don Callis nor Scott D'Amore is an idiot. D'Amore's booking in TNA was pretty solid until Vince Russo got brought in to fuck things up. But they've bought a product that repeatedly spat in fans' faces. That's the legacy they are forced to inherit. And that is why they are getting <200,000 viewers every week.

And the times I have caught a clip, it's been some shitty over-produced hyper-aware fight scene between two guys who come off like geeks set to bad non-diagetic music. It's fucking shit.
Mr. Nerfect is offline   Reply With Quote