View Single Post
Old 10-12-2018, 07:19 AM   #45679
Mr. Nerfect

Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Some have taken the "We are watching this situation" statement to be a way of doing nothing and continue doing the event, but I think it's their way of sounding as doe-eyed as possible so if it does come out the Saudis are responsible, they can pull out and try and retain whatever of their image they can.

I mean, everyone knows these things about Saudi Arabia. No one can legitimately be surprised. And WWE didn't get flak for the deal in the first place, so I imagine it doesn't piss anyone off too much. It is fun seeing WWE's name pop up in the news because of it though, haha.

Honestly, if Vince is ever going to get ousted (and I'm not sure anyone has the power to do that, even with a unanimous vote or whatever), it'd only be if something seriously jeopardized the stock price. Something like this has a better chance of doing it than a shit creative direction. But that's only if it REALLY snowballs, and I don't see it getting much bigger than it is. But if it did, this could potentially be Vince McMahon's most public embarrassment -- more so than even the steroid scandal or the XFL. Slim chance though. But the media isn't always fair and consistent, so if they just decide WWE are evil for having ever accepted money from the Saudis to put on a propaganda show, then that could be a field day. Next could be the hypocrisy of the women's revolution. Pay grade with wrestlers. Independent contractors, concussions, etc. If WWE comes under fire for one thing, they might come under fire for many.
Mr. Nerfect is offline   Reply With Quote