View Single Post
Old 04-08-2019, 07:04 PM   #1404
Mr. Nerfect

Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
I kind of hate that they throw around Grand Slam so willy-nilly now. Isn't the Grand Slam supposed to be the biggest championships in a sport? Yeah, in tennis it's four, but when you've got six openweight championships, it should be all six. Seth Rollins still needs to win the SmackDown Tag Team Titles; Randy Orton still needs to win the Universal Title; Roman Reigns still needs to win the SmackDown Tag Team Titles; Kofi Kingston still needs to win a Universal Title, etc.

Seems weird to me to say that Kofi is a Grand Slam Champion, but when there's a major championship he hasn't won (the major championship) it's like "oh, no, he hasn't won that."

There shouldn't be a recognized Grand Slam Champion at the moment. I guess you could make a case for Shawn Michaels having done it when that was a case of all the belts worth winning in WWE, but when you have guys winning 4/6 belts, it seems really trivial.

Kofi is the first African-born WWE Champion though. No disputing that one. WWE also recognized Booker T, Bobby Lashley and Mark Henry as black World Champions, so that makes him the fifth, although only Rock is recognized by an active World Title's history.
Mr. Nerfect is offline   Reply With Quote