View Single Post
Old 12-22-2019, 07:49 AM   #2242
Ol Dirty Dastard
boop/bop/beep

Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emperor Smeat View Post
That's basically been the main recurring online complaint about Cody and his spotlight in AEW.

Its a double edge-sword since his NWA-like stuff has helped make the show feel different and been among the best parts of AEW but at the same time its also where the constant "Triple H" comparisons have been made and people feeling his stuff comes off more like WWE but handled better than what AEW was promoting and has been as a company.

AEW's early success wasn't because of Cody's vision of the company but because they promised to treat wrestling better than WWE has and also bring in a mix of styles than have a single defining style. The sports-like focus being one of those mix of styles that people ended up assuming it meant they were going to lean heavily towards the NJPW way of things.
This makes no sense. He's been the best part of the show and doesn't act like HHH at all. Anyone making that comparison is plainly incorrect. The only reason you'd have to compare him to HHH was that stupid spot with the throne--

WWE light would be them ramming dog food in peoples' mouths and doing bra and panties matches. Frankly, you're offbase on this one, Smeat.

I don't doubt Omega and the Bucks' talent, I've seen them do some great work. I just don't think that great work has occurred in AEW.
Ol Dirty Dastard is offline   Reply With Quote