View Single Post
Old 01-27-2020, 12:08 AM   #945
Mr. Nerfect

Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by #1-wwf-fan View Post
It’s WAY different than the 2010 story. Not even fucking close to the same kind of drama. And my main point is, if you don’t want him to win...don’t fucking tease it in favour of a nobody winning instead. And if you are gonna tease it... give the heat of eliminating him to a heel he can face at WrestleMania. They had one (ideally) sympathetic face eliminate a better one so that a member of 3MB could win the match.

Brilliant.
I think Reigns being the guy to get Edge out was a weird choice, but it was essentially there to further position people behind the Drew win. They wanted Reigns there at the end (he's probably going for the other belt) and they wanted Edge right there neck-and-neck to do the interaction there.

Edge eliminated Orton. I've been fairly sure that's where they would have been going with Edge for Mania. But he didn't get fucked over, he did the fucking. Because he's Edge and he's savvy. He's always been a better heel and they are taking those tendencies and playing to them because the fans don't want to boo him. But they set up stuff with Edge by making it seem like "Holy fuck, this dude has still got lots left in the tank."

It worked. If you put Edge over, it's a 46-year-old coming back and beating all your full-time stars so he can maybe be in shape to, what? Go to SmackDown and beat the gimmick guy? And fans would have whinged about it. I think you're putting a bit too much stock in the genuine investment people have in Edge being back as the top issue as opposed to just him getting to do this again.
Mr. Nerfect is offline   Reply With Quote