View Single Post
Old 03-05-2020, 09:02 PM   #1279
Emperor Smeat
Former TPWW Royalty

Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
The Sheets:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Observer
Following a well-received pay-per-view on Saturday night, last night's AEW Dynamite averaged 906,000 viewers, up 4.7 percent from last week. Even better, the show was up 16.7 percent in the 18-49 demo, averaging a 0.35 rating and finishing fifth on cable for the night in that category.

Over on the USA Network, NXT ratings were essentially the exact same as last week. The show averaged 718,000 viewers, up 1,000 from last Wednesday. In the 18-49 demo, NXT had a 0.23 rating, identical to last week. NXT finished 20th on cable in that demo.

Dynamite topped NXT in all demos except for tying in people over 50. Both shows had a 0.34 rating in that category.

AEW's strongest demo was men 18-49, where they almost doubled NXT with a 0.49 rating to NXT's 0.26.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
Cain Velasquez tweeted a photo of himself with Ronda Rousey today as they were both at Titan Tower in Stamford, CT.

The first photo is from the company cafeteria. The second photo is from a hallway on the executive floor.

Had the pleasure of running into the pioneer that definitely also inspired my interest in the sport. Great to see you @rondarousey. @wwe pic.twitter.com/IipeX4ZK1Y
— Cain Velasquez (@cainmma) March 5, 2020

No word yet what either were doing at WWE HQ, but one would think with Wrestlemania coming, perhaps Rousey was there to discuss what her role could be going forward.
Link: https://twitter.com/cainmma/status/1235655784652058630

Quote:
Originally Posted by Post Wrestling
Paige’s boyfriend, Ronnie Radke tweeted out that Paige underwent emergency surgery to remove an ovarian cyst. Paige posted the following update:

“Just an update. I’m fine you guys! No more pain and healthy af! Haha just another small speed bump. I’m used to it. Haha so thankful for @RonnieRadke”
Quote:
Originally Posted by Observer
Rip Oliver, a Pacific Northwest wrestling legend who held that area's Heavyweight title more times than anyone in history, passed away today at the age of 67.

Born Lawrence Richard Oliver on October 6, 1952, he had entered hospice care due to heart failure more than a week ago and had been in weakened health for some time after multiple heart attacks.

Oliver came from Florida, and worked as a prelim wrestler before arriving in Oregon in August 1980 as Rip "The Crippler" Oliver. He and Buddy Rose were the area's top heels until Rose turned babyface after being turned on by The Clan, which at the time was Oliver, Dynamite Kid, and The Assassin (Dave Sierra) ...

He held the Pacific Northwest singles title a record 12 times, along with 18 reigns as tag team champion during his heyday, which ended when going to the WWF in 1987. He was not pushed and quit the promotion after only a few months, but in being portrayed as a jobber on WWF television, which aired in Oregon and Washington, it made it impossible for him to be pushed as a top guy in the Northwest, with Lynn "The Grappler" Denton taking over as booker and top heel.

During his short WWF run, Oliver, under a mask as Super Black Ninja, lost a quick squash to The Ultimate Warrior for the Intercontinental title on a Saturday Night's Main Event.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
OVW Wrestling, one of the most popular and widely-respected wrestling promotions in the world since its inception in 1993, is thrilled to announce today that they've teamed up with leading broadcast and cable network Youtoo America to air their flagship weekly one hour series to over 32 Million Households across the USA.

OVW Wrestling will premiere on Youtoo America Friday evening, April 3rd with the kickoff to a brand new era in professional wrestling.
OVW used to be WWE's developmental system during the early 2000s before it was replaced with FCW and later NXT.

Quote:
According to Dave Meltzer on Wrestling Observer Radio, Matt Hardy was pulled from his signing appearance at ‘The Big Event’ on Saturday in New York. Promoters for that show have been told that if they are booking WWE talent, AEW talent cannot be booked. Hardy was booked for the signing while he was still with WWE. Matt Hardy noted on Twitter that he is still appearing at ‘The Big Event’.
Quote:
TV Insider chatted with AEW Women’s World Champion Nyla Rose. When Nyla won the AEW Women’s Title from Riho, it was not mentioned that she’s a transgender woman and she’s glad that a big deal was not made of it.

“For me, it has been welcoming that they don’t make it a spectacle. They don’t make it a check mark. It’s one of those things that is there. Everyone knows about it, but nobody talks about it. That’s not a matter of us wanting to be hush-hush or hide this. They’re not making it a thing because it shouldn’t be a thing. You are a person and a performer first. That’s what I love so much and makes me feel so proud to be part of this company because they are helping normalize these ideals. We don’t even have a sense or consensus of how many trans people there are because so many people are afraid to speak out and speak up and live so openly. That’s because there is such a stigma of what being trans is. With representation on weekly television and with AEW being the company that it is on the scale that it is, with TNT and the scale they are on, they see me as a person. They see me as someone going out there and doing their job. The transness being secondary or even third to anything else. That is a beautiful statement. It shouldn’t matter and doesn’t. Hopefully, we can get to the point where people stop making it be the front runner.”
Quote:
During the pre-WWE Backstage Q&A session, Jeff Hardy learned via a tweet that WWE owns the rights to the “No More Words” theme song and Jeff pleaded with WWE to let him use the theme.

“Yes! Oh my God, yes! That would be the best thing ever and as far as motivating me, it would change my wrestling career. I’ve been dying to get that song back and now that I see this, and if it’s truth to it then WWE — there’s no reason why they shouldn’t do that so please WWE, let me come out to No More Words.”
Quote:
Josh Barnett announced that the upcoming Bloodsport show in Tampa, Florida will be a tournament-style show titled ‘The Gotch-Robinson Cup’. It’s a one night tournament and those announced for the show will compete in single elimination bouts to determine the tourney winner.
Quote:
In an update on Teddy Hart provided by PWInsider, Teddy Hart was arrested for violating house arrest and he appeared in court on March 5th at 9 AM.
Quote:
Following Jake “The Snake” Roberts’ appearance on AEW: Dynamite, Randy Orton tweeted out a GIF of him delivering an RKO to Roberts and Jericho was in the GIF in the background. The former AEW World Champion caught wind of Orton’s tweet and thanked him for watching Dynamite.
Link: https://twitter.com/IAmJericho/statu...356696577?s=20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fightful
Matt Hardy is officially a free agent after letting his WWE contract expire at midnight on Mar. 2. In his Thoughts From The Throne video where he made the announcement, Hardy cited being on a different page from WWE in terms of his creative role.

Appearing on Busted Open Radio, Hardy elaborated on the creative differences between him and the company, while also expressing his gratitude towards Vince McMahon.

"I am very grateful, if it wasn't for Vince McMahon giving me this opportunity 20+ years ago, I wouldn't have had this life that I have. I will always be grateful to him for that. Even if there are things later on that we didn't see eye to eye on, that's business. When it comes to Vince and WWE, I've kind of aged out. My brand of entertainment and the way I have to be utilized isn't one of their priorities and that's fine. I understand that and it's no issue. I don't have any resentment towards anyone. I've very happy with the time I've had there and happy I got to come back and leave WWE as an employee waving the flag. That WrestleMania 33 moment was amazing. I'm very happy that I got the opportunity to do a version of Broken Matt Hardy there. It wasn't all that I would have liked it to be. It would have been nice if I had more say in what I was doing, but it is what it is. They treated me great the whole time. I had great conversations with everyone, but creatively, we're just on different pages. Nothing against them, it was just time for me to go somewhere else to maximize and optimize my creativity, especially if I want to be in a prominent role for the last three or four years I have left to do this," he said.

TPWW Frontpage:
Emperor Smeat is offline   Reply With Quote