View Single Post
Old 07-07-2020, 04:09 PM   #2756
Mr. Nerfect

Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by #1-wwf-fan View Post
I find segments of AEW to watch but it’s mostly because of nostalgia. (Jake Roberts actually made me give a fuck about Lance Archer finally.) NOTHING WWE does interests me. Probably because they’ve used up their “second chances” and AEW hasn’t.

But I also like the fact that AEW seems to understand who to push where. Like... Darby Allin is everyone on the internet’s favorite. So he gets his moments to shine on the TV show and in the mid card. But they aren’t pushing him as a LEGIT main eventer. They’re pushing guys who seem like they can actually kick my ass as the main event guys. That’s something no other companies have figured out over the past 20 years (including WWE). 150 lb indy darlings as the focus of your show is fucking poison.
I think the reasonable people that retain goodwill towards this promotion have that view: WWE have done their dash, AEW hasn’t. They’ve got more patience than me. I’ve seen so much bad wrestling, I don’t need any more.

But, um, do you know who is currently in a blood feud with Chris Jericho? He’s a 5’10, 161lbs indy darling, whose whole gimmick is that wrestling is bullshit and you shouldn’t try at the start. When he started getting shit in on Jericho, people actually tuned out of Jericho segments. A closing segment where he Superman Punched Jericho, and Jericho bumped himself (I say that, because it didn’t look like a reasonable transfer of kinetic energy at all) through a table got beat by NXT by an alleged 300k viewers. It did 165% of AEW’s audience.

They absolutely do the shit you say is poison. And it is poison. You just haven’t come across it yet, haha.
Mr. Nerfect is offline   Reply With Quote