View Single Post
Old 08-09-2020, 03:40 PM   #56720
Mr. Nerfect

Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by screech View Post
For anyone who doesn't feel like reading essays: It seems that Noid, who admits to not watching WWE, is trying to lecture Smeat, who watches every week, on how the product is shitty. But also it's not shitty because it's fucking fine.

Also something something Dave Meltzer, I don't know.
AEW drove me to watch more highlights, just to do a compare and contrast. Watching every week doesn’t mean you know more. The content is largely shitty in execution, but some of the ideas aren’t shit in conception. There are also realities about their business model that internet smarks have trouble gripping or deliberately ignore.

How the AEW/NXT “war” has been presented has been a big tipping point for me. So much misreading and projecting contrary to reason. Which, by the way, no one argues with me on. BigCrippyZ calls me a cocksucker and Smeat cries when I point out something he has shared is just obviously and blatantly wrong. But no one actually gets in and discusses the points, because they know I’m right.

People just like the hardcore fan narrative of the WWE is evil, dying and bad. There are truths in there without saying things like the SmackDowm Women’s Division is a mess. It’s being built around Bayley right now. That is its entire purpose. Whatever Smeat is going on about — a failure to create other contenders or whatever — is honestly fucking markish. It’s a one-woman vehicle right now, with Mandy Rose and Sonya’s stupid drama being the other emphasis. Am I wrong about that?
Mr. Nerfect is offline   Reply With Quote