View Single Post
Old 08-29-2020, 07:14 PM   #57040
Fignuts
Hey Mister!

Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Nerfect View Post
There’s nothing to defend. I just didn’t remember him saying it. I must have zoned out. He’s not wrong. Wrestling is way better when people stick to kayfabe. It should be part of the job. If Sonya and Mandy are feuding, they shouldn’t be going to get their nails done together or whatever.
I don’t think it accomplishes anything in the current era of wrestling. The rise of the internet killed that aspect of the business completely. Thanks to the web, every wrestling fan is a smart mark now. This incident didn’t expose anything that people didn’t already know. No one assumed they stopped hanging out and being friends because of this feud just like no one assumed Gargano and Ciampa stopped being friends. Everyone knows it’s a work. The difference is that one of those feuds made you forget during the actual programming because everyone from the talent to the creative did a great job in making it an intriguing story.

And that’s really all they can do. Put on a product that captures the fans emotions, and makes them forget for a little while what they already know. But as far as recapturing the “magic” that wrestling once had, well that’s gone forever. The genie is out of the bottle, and no amount of adhering to kayfabe outside of the workplace, no matter how strict, will ever get it back in.

And again, I say all this within reason. No one should be outright throwing away kayfabe in the fans faces like the previously mentioned omega/Jericho podcast.
Fignuts is offline   Reply With Quote