View Single Post
Old 09-18-2021, 04:59 PM   #5991
Mr. Nerfect

Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lock Jaw View Post
Warning, tangent + *stirring the pot*:

I feel like just by being in AEW that CM Punk and Daniel Bryan have lost a lot of their "allure"... seeing a small dude "break through" almost "against what the company wanted"... which is just not something that AEW can recreate because there are a million small dudes and the company wants them all to be over.

So in a way, by the very act of being in an "oppressive regime" is what made them great, and without that they are just "another guy"
How the hardcore wrestling bubble and the general wrestling bubble perceive Bryan and Punk signing with AEW is very different. The general bubble doesn’t get much airplay, but there are people out there who absolutely do see Punk as a failed MMA guy and Bryan as a guy that couldn’t hack it in WWE anymore.

For me, the backdrop they’re against just doesn’t do them favors. It was never going to. Like how some people go “I just don’t think (x) is a good fit for New Japan.” I just don’t think Punk and Bryan are really good fits for AEW.

I’m happy these guys are leaving WWE. But there’s just nowhere for them to go that seems like the perfect environment for them. Imagine some other promotion getting Christian Cage, CM Punk, Samoa Joe, Bryan Danielson and Brock Lesnar this year. Just epic.

Maybe TK will get bored, ask his dad for more money and just buy the NWA or start a new promotion for either Punk or Bryan to actually book? Then he can send the guys that want to do pro-wrestling there and leave AEW for the sports entertainment stuff.
Mr. Nerfect is offline   Reply With Quote