View Single Post
Old 10-25-2021, 08:04 AM   #61910
Mr. Nerfect

Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
I love ragging on AEW, but they have the similar problem to WWE right now. They’ve only got a few good moments that go to highlight how terrible the rest of the show is. With Brock Lesnar and Roman Reigns being the best story in pro-wrestling, it only goes to show people what they are going to miss. I think SmackDown is going to see a pretty notable drop with Brock being gone until the Royal Rumble.

What else do they have on SmackDown? They haven’t got anything ready for when Brock isn’t there. Drew is talented, but he’s not going to have the same dynamic as Brock in that program. And what heels are there for him to beat? They kind of need someone to come out of nowhere.

I guess they do Raw vs. SmackDown at this time of year. I don’t think Big E is ready to throw himself at the feet of Reigns in that program though. And I don’t think people care about Raw vs. SmackDown enough.

This fucking roster split, man. And their inability to generate interest in things outside that top program. The guys coming out of Crown Jewel with the most firepower are Edge and Goldberg. They don’t have dates on Goldberg and Edge and Reigns has been done, plus Edge is on Raw anyway.

Roman is going to be magnificent gloating about Brock being gone. But who can really step into that program with him? They need to get their head out of their asses and iron this shit out so there can be some flow.

The only thing I can recommend is either doing Big E and Roman as captains of respective teams. That way you might be able to build some faces and heels up alongside them. Big E being opposite Xavier Woods might actually be interesting. Drew can be there butting heads with Roman. Edge can be unhinged on the Raw side. Maybe that can be interesting enough with cross-pollination or promos on each side.

The other idea would be for Roman to deny Big E’s challenge...unless he ups the ante. You think you can hang with The Big Dog? Actually put your belt on the line. Winner takes all. Now that Brock is gone I’m taking over Raw too. Title for title might actually keep some people engaged. You can have Kofi & Woods backing Big E’s cause on SmackDown.

I dunno. The best thing I can say about the WWE’s direction right now is that I’m morbidly curious to see what they pull out of their asses. I suppose the Roman/Big E stuff will be pretty pedestrian and the rest of the card looks like:

* Edge, Finn Balor, Seth Rollins, Bobby Lashley and...maybe Rey Mysterio, Keith Lee, Kevin Owens or AJ Styles against Drew McIntyre, Xavier Woods, Kofi Kingston, Sheamus and Jinder Mahal or Sami Zayn. I hate the heels and faces all working together, but you just know they will put all the arch-nemeses on the same side. I’d prefer a heel team from Raw AND a face team from it where they can all get competitive with each other and maybe do their own televised Survivor Series matches.

* Becky vs. either Sasha or Charlotte, depending on how things go with Charlotte. At least that’s interesting now.

* A women’s elimination match.

* Happy Corbin vs. Damian Priest, so Priest can beat a heel.

* RKBro vs. The Usos

* A tag team Survivor, which may be something like Street Profits, AJ & Omos, Rey & Dominik, Ziggler & Roode and Alpha Academy against Hit Row, Viking Raiders, Jinder & Shanky, Nakamura & Boogs and...fuck maybe New Day or The Bar. Is there another team I’m forgetting? Wait, Garza & Carrillo.

I guess it could be solid from an in-ring. I dunno.
Mr. Nerfect is offline   Reply With Quote