View Single Post
Old 05-02-2022, 08:41 AM   #697
Mr. Nerfect

Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Guycott View Post
I was surprised he was even there ever, given how much Vince apparently hates the idea of managers anymore, Paul Heyman excepted... possibly begrudingly since he's attached to Brock personally. I'm honestly even surprised that MVP has been doing mouthpiece and corner work for folks for the last few years. And I don't mean that as a knock on MVP.

Remember, this is a company that actively discourages using managers and tag team wrestling as a division, and has about a two decade track record at this point that proves exactly how much by deeds instead of words. I'm willing to bet if young prime versions of Jim Cornette, Jimmy Hart, or even Bobby Heenan existed now in their capacity as manager, they would not likely find a home in WWE and end up as post 'Mania release fodder.
I don’t think Vince is against using managers and tag teams. I mean, WWE has better managers and a better tag division than their nearest rival, easily. But I’m not sure how hungry they would be to get new people into that role when they’ve got a whole bunch of talkers already up there. But I guess it was his choice to leave, so good for him.
Mr. Nerfect is offline   Reply With Quote