View Single Post
Old 12-25-2022, 05:57 PM   #5589
Destor
I am the cheese

Destor makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Destor makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Destor makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Destor makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Destor makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Destor makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Destor makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Destor makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Destor makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Destor makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Destor makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Destor makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Destor makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sepholio View Post
Was almost to Zeiss and I dunno what happened but my save got corrupted. Had to go back several hours because I wasn't making a full slate of alternate saves like I should. Ah well, lesson learned. Almost back there now. Just finished the questline with the mayor/orphanage again and am cleaning up a couple things before setting off to Zeiss again.

Love the battle system and the characters are endearing for the most part. Really my only gripes are that I feel like there should be a few more dungeons/locations and the game gets rather easy, especially if you over level at all. Story is kind of basic/slow so far but I can tell it's because it's setting itself up as a series in advance.
the narratives are back loaded. The final 20% of a trails game is always a rollercoaster. Its just how it does it. If you get into the world and learning about the factions and society you'll find plenty to occupy yourself with but i totally wouldnt scoff at the criticism.

That said sky first chapter and second chapter were made as one game and deemed too long so its in a unique spot. Still the back leg of sky fc...its memorable to say the least.

I love Estelle and Joshua. Estelle Bright is hands down my favorite jrpg protagonist of all time. She's everything the world isnt but should be.

Trails games all get easier the more you play them to an extent that is pretty uncommon. I always recommend people not be afraid of the higher difficulties. Thats dependent on the person but if the individual has played an SMT for example then put it on nightmare. Youll be fine once youve cleared the opening and you can start customizing. Maybe not in Sky the 3rd. It can be really challenging at points.

Otherwise the series is def a bit too easy. Most of the fandom focuses more on "how hard can i fucking break this game." And that can fun. Especially in cold steele. Some fucking NUTTY builds.

I love the combat though. The arts and crafts system is great. The games only really flex on the losable fights. The series will frequently give you fights that you can lose but if you win there's great loot and/or lore. And those battles are as challenging as anything in the genre.

But trails is all about the characters and the mysteries. If those hook you youll be a fan for life. And those get better and better and better and better.
Destor is offline   Reply With Quote