View Single Post
Old 02-26-2023, 11:12 PM   #13199
Tom Guycott
Wrestling Marks Rejoice!

Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sepholio View Post
I dunno if you're trying to insult Blitzkrieg there but if you are then sir are a fuddy duddy.
Whatever your feelings about any of the guys I mentioned that were on the lower rungs of WCW, they were doing jobs to the actual stars at 10:05 am on Saturday morning. Blitzkreig included.

Then you get up to guys like Konnan or Glacier or Mortis (specifically while he was Mortis: still in the mask and being accompanied with James Van Den Berg), who would be the guy who beats all those guys but consistently counts lights for guys who "the championship comittee" are looking to push in any sort of meaningful way. They were the WorldWide gatekeepers.

On a side note, it's one of the reasons why I always "hated" Konnan. It was like his whole gimmick was talking shit and getting hit. Before I knew about how he was previously a big deal in Mexico or his previous stint as Max Moon or any of that shit, I was introduced to him being "stereotypical movie gangbanger" who had just enough intangible charisma to trash talk almost anyone, but then he does the job often in record time. I knew guys like that for real, there was no desire to get behind that on TV.
Tom Guycott is offline   Reply With Quote