View Single Post
Old 04-09-2023, 11:54 PM   #1354
Destor
I am the cheese

Destor makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Destor makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Destor makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Destor makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Destor makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Destor makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Destor makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Destor makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Destor makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Destor makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Destor makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Destor makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Destor makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Vaquero de Infierno View Post
Rey is such a boring, over-powered character that can do nothing wrong; there is no room for character development or anything to root for. A product of lazy and untalented writing, which was the defining element of the sequel trilogy.

Ahsoka, on the other hand, is a great example of smart and substantial character development: starting off as a bratty child who becomes an absolute beast and resourceful person, forged in the fires of war and adversity. A character you can get invested in.
Until the Palpatine bit i was on board with her no matter how vacantly written she was. Daisy Ridley is cute and has a ton of charisma. When she's on the screen she has a big time syar quality.

I dont know how you salvage the Palpatine issue. It undermines the entirety of Vaders arc. Its a massive slap in the face to 40+ year of story telling. Asking the fanebase to just be ok with that...i dont think thats the path to box office success.

I'll say this though, aside from Palpatine, the character is totally salvageable mostly because she basically a blank slate. Becauae she was a mary sue she doesnt have a defined character at any level. You could do anything with her. Clean break. Fresh slate. Jedi wonders the galaxy and gets into wacky adventures. With decent writing i dont see how you cant get something out of it.

Ridley isnt a hack, Rey's writers were.
Destor is offline   Reply With Quote