View Single Post
Old 06-28-2023, 09:38 PM   #3421
M-A-G
Higher. Further. Faster.

M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
This post is sponsored by the Freebird Rule

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Vito View Post
Loved the opening promo with the heels all finally acknowledging why they've come together. Selfishly I hope the group winds up being called the Dark Order

I also kinda have to crack up at the open challenge being answered by two guys that I automatically picture as The Ascension from WWE. Total jobbers, inasmuch as a jobber can exist in this world where everyone just rules ass in the ring.

I've said this before but I love the role of managers in this game. I don't know why but at some point WWE got to the mindset of managers only being allowed to have one and only one client at a time and that's just totally different from how managers operated in the '80s. It would make sense for managers to try to recruit a robust list of candidates, bringing them together when necessary but ultimately just trying to make bank.

AEW does something similar, solid amount of managers. Smart Mark Sterling manages the jobber Trustbusters stable but his highest profile client is Jade Cargill....and he's responsible for costing Jade the title and undefeated streak because he decided to issue an open challenge on her behalf.

Nice work with the promo before the Hotbody match, he continues to grate on everyone's skin which is great, but I also love Clubber going after the bodyguard too. Zed Jones vs. Clubber Harris feels like it should be a boxing match from 1985.

Also good on you for not shying away from ending the show with a talking segment. I'm so used to the way AEW books that I very rarely don't end with a match, but ending with a promo makes for a nice change of pace.
Calling them the Dark Order would be appropriate because it'd be in opposition to what Haven had done and it's the brainchild of a dude called Victor Dark. Although, I'm doing something slightly different here because they're not really a stable, per se. I'm looking to send them all off on their own respective journeys after Bragging Rights as I just need people to keep Haven occupied until the inevitable showdown with Dark himself. It's also going to give me a chance to...oops, wait. I can't give away all the details just yet.

The thing with the Wasteland is that they're super over and ridiculously talented. I should probably be pushing them, but I'm bloated as it is. They give a great hand when it comes to filling up the undercard with a quality match at the very least.

Just like with the non-Dark Order angle, I want to stay really tight-lipped about what's in store for Hotbody down the road. I have his whole run mapped out and so far, we're on track, barring the game being a fucking piece of shit. I'm sure you could think of a certain somebody who could be the one to dethrone him for the title. Damn it, I need to pick up the pace so I can get to that part already.

I'm likely to do a special edition of SmackDown! to tackle some of these high-profile matches that aren't going to fit on the PPV. Stuff like Ozzy/Demiras, Cross/Jacobs, a tag title rematch, and Clubber/Zed. It'll be a good hoss fest, I'm sure.

The thing about me closing things out with an angle as opposed to a match is that I can only run so many matches in the time between PPVs and it's even worse now when I have a 5-week gap between Survivor Series and Bragging Rights. I figure Cemenko and Reigns could use some more heat and rubbing shoulders with main event guys like Pattillo and the freaking World Champion can only do wonders for them. The thing with Reigns is realistically he doesn't really have anything to do until WrestleMania and he doesn't really have to. He's got his ticket punched already so him participating in matches is kind of a waste of his time. In fact, that gives me an idea for him after Bragging Rights.
M-A-G is offline   Reply With Quote