View Single Post
Old 01-03-2024, 05:37 PM   #15521
Sting Fan
Blander Than Ever

Sting Fan has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Sting Fan has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Sting Fan has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Sting Fan has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Sting Fan has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Sting Fan has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Sting Fan has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Sting Fan has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Sting Fan has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Sting Fan has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Guycott View Post
The big boot on his foot would have been a massive giveaway if they did it that way. Seemed like they were working around what they had to to make it make as much sense as possible.

All things considered, it could have been a lot worse. I personally don't love that it was Adam Cole, but it serves the purpose of solidifying him as a heel, a bigger asshole than the now babyface* MJF, and the furthering of a possible spark of this going somewhere with the "associates" reveals that AEW will prob'ly extinguish in short order.

At least it wasn't Jungle Boy or Orange Cassidy or some shit.
I honestly didn't think of the boot, its a good point and probably explains a bit of the clunkiness tbh.

I am happy with it being Cole, everyone now wants to claim it was the obvious outcome but go back in time a week and the internet was full of theories. In so far as an intrigue angle it did its job despite every man and his dog now claiming it was obvious.

What they do with it will be interesting if MJF really is out for a while and AC is still out a while. Hard to keep an angle hot when ones gone and the other is injured.
Sting Fan is offline   Reply With Quote