View Single Post
Old 08-01-2020, 12:35 AM   #19
Mr. Nerfect

Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Destor View Post
Heres a hypothetical: Bret brings the belt. Comes in hot. Top baby.

Do you create Goldberg? Are you looking for new top babies at this point? If you do how much room for Goldberg is there?
This has always been the problem for me. Sting is there, then you've got Bret, then you've got Flair. In addition to this, you do have Benoit bubbling around. And The Giant and Lex Luger were still around. You've got lots of babyfaces. My timeline might be all wrong, but Goldberg was starting to get there at this point, wasn't he? Nowhere near over to the point you'd be expecting him to win the belt by June, or even to the point that you are factoring him in, so I don't know if it's "fair" to think about him in that main event mix here, but it kind of changes everything.

Doing Bret vs. Flair does not seem like a bad idea all things considered. Putting them together and just letting them "do their thing" for the NWA fans and hoping they don't get in the way of what you really want to focus on. But it does feel uninspired. I'm yet to really hear an inspired idea as to what to do with Bret in 1998.

If you can't use the WWF Title, which is probably a safe assumption at that point -- could you have Bret introduce his own belt and call it the "Real World Championship?" Is that too cartoony and forced? And what benefit does it ultimately serve when he can just say that in his promos anyway?

Eh, someone come up with something good for Bret and I'll verbally blow you.
Mr. Nerfect is offline   Reply With Quote