View Single Post
Old 08-01-2020, 09:59 AM   #29
Jordan
It's a blood match!

Jordan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jordan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jordan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jordan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jordan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jordan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jordan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jordan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jordan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jordan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jordan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jordan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jordan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Well I can't give you like great detailed booking as to what should have happened because there was so much bad in 98 that set up the horrible bad to come. I was 11 in 1998. A very dedicated pro wrestling fan at the time. Researching everything I could and renting every Wrestling tape I could at all the stores in my home town. I also was already becoming a smart mark and had a phone line dirt sheet number. So I knew a bit of the drama that we all follow daily now on the internet.

WCW in 98 was overwhelming as a viewer and like WWE now, followed story lines with unimportant pay off's that exposed the business and never really mattered. I'm always reminded of WCW Uncensored 98. They had the most insane bullshit tag team match as the main event that to this day makes no f'n sense.

98 should have been a total change for WCW, as a brand. Sting should have gone through the rest of the NWO top dogs. Bret and Hogan should have had a feud that laste all year. With Hogan using the NWO to match up with Bret on Nitro's and a few PPV's. And they could've done 3 singles match on PPV's over the course of the year.
Have Hogan retain the title at Halloween Havoc, be forced to defend against undefeated and WW3 Battle Royal winner Bill Goldberg at Starrcade 98, Goldberg wins. Nash takes over NWO booting out Hogan, forcing him away for 4-5 months before returning babyface trying to mend fences with the good guys by saving them when the NWO is a danger. Eventually build to Wargames team WCW vs team NWO and finally disband the NWO from WCW in fall of 99. And never hire Jeff Jarrett.
Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote