View Single Post
Old 08-07-2018, 10:01 PM   #2128
Emperor Smeat
Former TPWW Royalty

Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Dirtsheets sponsored by NOTHING:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Observer
Raw last night, built around Ronda Rousey's show in-ring debut, did 2.80 million viewers, down three percent from last week, although last week was the best number since April 30 ...

Rousey kept the third-hour drop to be much lower than usual, only 126,000 viewers. Last week's third-hour drop was 197,000 viewers from hour two, and that was better than usual. If there was a Rousey effect notable, it was that women 18-49 grew five percent during a period it usually falls. However, the heavy-women emphasized third hour, with the final two bouts being women's matches, saw the men's 18-49 demo drop six percent from hour two to three, a demo that usually holds steadier.

Rousey's first match did not crack the Google search rankings, so it didn't have the mainstream buzz what would lead to unusually good numbers.

The three hours were:

8 p.m. 2.83 million viewers
9 p.m. 2.85 million viewers
10 p.m. 2.73 million viewers
Quote:
PWinsider reported that Hogan, who lives in Florida, is backstage at SmackDown in Orlando tonight. They noted that Mae Young Classic participant Kaitlyn is also backstage
Link: https://www.pwinsider.com/article/11...o-are.html?p=1

Quote:
Madison Rayne and Mia Yim were interviewed by TVInsider ahead of the Mae Young Classic. Rayne spoke about wanting to be signed by WWE after the tournament: “That’s 100 percent my hope. That’s 100 percent my goal. That’s what I’m training for and mentally preparing myself for because I think if you don’t go into something like this prepared to make it to the finals and to win the finals and watch your career take off in an entirely new direction, then you're short-changing yourself.”
Link: https://www.tvinsider.com/707008/ash...-wwe-contract/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Observer/PWI/Post Wrestling
Indies Roundup:
Michael Elgin tweeted an update on his bicep injury and noted that no serious damage was found: “Update - no tear in the bicep. Some scratches to the muscle and bruising/injury to the bicep head. A couple weeks of light pulling movements (but I just trained back and a few sets of biceps so it's good to go) well ok, it was painful. But no servere damage”

MLW announced that John Hennigan, Tommy Dreamer, Shane Strickland, Kotto Brazil & Barrington Hughes will face Sami Callihan, Jimmy Havoc, Leon Scott, Sawyer Fulton & a partner that has yet to be announced in a War Games match at their show in Fort Lauderdale, Florida on September 6.

ROH announced that they’ll be coming to Stage AE in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania on November 3 for a set of TV tapings. Survival of the Fittest 2018 will then take place in Columbus, Ohio on November 4. The winner will earn a future shot at the ROH World Championship.

PCW has an iPPV on 9/7 with Tessa Blanchard vs. Diamante. Blanchard will be auctioning off her Slammiversary ring jacket. Warbeast vs. Reno Scum was also announced

Week two ratings for World of Sport do not look good. The preliminary number for yesterday's show was 609,000 viewers, down 34 percent from last week. The reality is they didn't have anything that compelled people to return, and since the show reached an older age group, they were likely watching due to nostalgia, which never holds up long-term. The final number will probably rise slightly, but this could not have been a worse sign.

Northeast Wrestling is bringing in Ultimo Guerrero to face Flip Gordon on its 8/11 show in Bethany, CT. JT Dunn, Brian Milonas, Brad Hollister and Robbie E are also on the show.

Eve has a double main event no 8/11 in London at the Resistance Gallery at Bethnal Green with Kay Lee Ray vs. Viper.

Based on the announced lineup of the "All In" event thus far, it would appear Kenny Omega vs. Pentagon Jr. is the next headline bout to be announced. At one point in the planning of the event, Omega vs. Rey Mysterio was on the drawing board.

FITE TV will be carrying “Joey Janela’s Lost in New York”, which is being put on by Game Changer Wrestling over SummerSlam weekend. The event will cost $13.99 on FITE and will likely feature Matt Riddle’s final independent match for the foreseeable future.

The Crash has announced that women’s champion Tessa Blanchard will return on September 8th for a card in Tijuana.
Elgin: https://twitter.com/MichaelElgin25/s...25223683510272 , ROH: https://www.rohwrestling.com/news/ro...umbus-november

Quote:
New Japan has taken disciplinary action against Tama Tonga following what they are calling 'inappropriate conduct'.

NJPW’s official English site released a statement this morning saying “NJPW takes actions taken by our wrestlers seriously. In light of recent inappropriate conduct by Tama Tonga including SNS usage, the company has decided to take disciplinary actions against said wrestlers, and will issue updated guidelines to all wrestlers.”

Tama Tonga has been making waves on social media, specifically Twitter, since splitting from the Bullet Club and forming his own faction with the Guerillas of Destiny and Bad Luck Fale, including trading barbs with the likes of Roman Reigns. He was recently suspended from the service for a short period of time. Reasons for the suspension were not made clear, but tweets insulting fans using profane language have since been deleted. There was also an incident on a recent G1 card where he grabbed a fan by the throat after a match.

His most recent tweet was a video posted on August 5 where he was shown littering in a public area.
Link: https://www.njpw1972.com/33832

Quote:
There was a lot of talk regarding an incident at the Revolution Pro show at the Cockpit in London today[Sunday]. Kurtis Chapman wrestled Chris Ridgeway. Sam Adonis came out and made a number of homophobic slurs, the f word, the h word and also used slurs directed at mentally disabled. The crowd was upset, with a large section turning their back on him and chanting "Don't bring him back." It hurt the crowd until the main event. Promoter Andy Quildan seemed upset and offered an apology before the main event started saying that everyone was welcome at RevPro.
For some reference, Sam Adonis is Corey Graves brother. Since the incident, Graves hasn't commented on this or his thoughts on what occurred at the event.

Quote:
With his time as an independent wrestler soon coming to an end, Matt Riddle lost the EVOLVE Championship at the 2300 Arena in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania on Saturday.

Shane Strickland defeated Riddle in a hardcore rules match at EVOLVE 108 to win the title. The story of the match was that Riddle refused to give up despite Strickland working over his left arm and repeatedly hiting double stomps, including one that was off a ladder and through a table while Riddle was hung on the ladder. Strickland eventually won with his JML Driver finisher.

This was the third time Riddle and Strickland have faced off in EVOLVE this year, with their previous matches ending in a no contest and a disqualification.

WWN confirmed last month that Riddle would be on all of EVOLVE's August shows and that he would be adding more dates if he was still champion after that. The company has EVOLVE 109 in Melrose, Massachusetts today, EVOLVE 110 in Cicero, Illinois on August 11, and EVOLVE 111 in Livonia, Michigan on August 12.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
Former EVOLVE Champion Matt Riddle, who is expected to debut with WWE at the Takeover: Brooklyn event, suffered an injury during his hardcore match against Shane Strickland over the weekend in Philadelphia, PA.

According to an Instagram post made by Riddle's wife (which included a nasty photo of the injury), the former UFC fighter had the skin ripped off the tip of his finger due a deep cut suffered during a spot with a chair in the match ...

Riddle, who dropped the EVOLVE title in that bout, wrestled the next day against Austin Theory in Melrose, MA but has been pulled from some independent bookings since the injury.
Link: https://instagram.com/riddleolymom/?utm_source=ig_embed

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
In its breakdown of the August Collections added on WWE Network, the WWE website revealed that the Hardys and Stephanie McMahon will be getting their own Collections in September.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
Former WWE World Champion Dave Bautista continued to speak out against the Disney firing of Guardians of the Galaxy Director and Writer James Gunn. In an interview with Shortlist.com, Bautista went as far as to explain he was willing to walk away from the film, which he is contracted to do, if Disney drops the existing script.

“Nobody’s defending his tweets, but this was a smear campaign on a good man,” Bautista explained, “I spoke to Chris Pratt the day after it happened and he’s a bit religious so he wanted time to pray and figure it out, but I was more like: f*** this. This is bulls***. James is one of the kindest, most decent people I’ve met.”

On where he stands on Guardians Vol 3., the scheduled sequel that is slated to be released in 2020, Bautista was adamant that he wanted Gunn's existing script to be used for the film. If not....

“Where I’m at right now is that if [Marvel] don’t use that script, then I’m going to ask them to release me from my contract, cut me out or recast me. I’d be doing James a disservice if I didn’t.”

Bautista also noted that he didn't believe the letter the Guardians cast released last week in support of Gunn would get Disney to reverse their decision, but would shed light on Gunn's character as a person.
Link: https://www.shortlist.com/entertainm...twitter/368730

Quote:
Originally Posted by Post Wrestling
This year’s SummerSlam event will feature the kickoff show beginning at 5 pm Eastern from the Barclays Center in Brooklyn and the main show beginning at 7 pm. The TakeOver card the night prior will have a one-hour pre-show at 6 pm followed by the main card at 7 pm.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Post Wrestling
John Cena has indicated he will be appearing on the WWE’s live event on September 1st in Shanghai, China. It will be Cena’s first match back since participating at the Greatest Royal Rumble event in Saudi Arabia this past April where he took on Triple H.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WrestlingInc
In a conversation with Rolling Stone, Kane shared whether he was return to WWE in-ring action.

"WWE is always going to be part of me and hopefully I'll always be part of it," said Kane. "I haven't ruled out making special appearances every now and then. My main priority is being mayor, of course. [My role in the WWE] does bring a lot of attention to Knox County, so that's cool. It's just a matter of making sure everything I do — WWE or any other outside stuff — does not impact my role as mayor."
Link: https://www.rollingstone.com/politic...-mayor-707213/

Some other sheet news includes:
  • 2K Games recently released the first official screen shot for WWE 2k19. https://twitter.com/AJStylesOrg/stat...45463562125312
  • English version of Shinsuke Nakamura's autobiography called "King of Strong Style 1980-2014" was released today by book publisher VIZ Media.
  • WWE announced they will be airing a Parade of Champions special for this year's Mae Young Classic tournament on their official Facebook, Twitter, and Youtube accounts tomorrow at 7PM EST.
  • Recent episode of the Chasing Glory with Lilian Garcia podcast show had Renee Young as the guest talking about Total Divas, how she and Dean Ambrose became a couple, and her work on commentary in the WWE. http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news/...as-because-of/

Some stuff from TPWW Frontpage:
Emperor Smeat is offline   Reply With Quote