View Single Post
Old 09-22-2019, 12:27 PM   #4041
Ultra Mantis
Grim Fandango

Ultra Mantis makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ultra Mantis makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ultra Mantis makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ultra Mantis makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ultra Mantis makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ultra Mantis makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ultra Mantis makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ultra Mantis makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ultra Mantis makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ultra Mantis makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ultra Mantis makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ultra Mantis makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ultra Mantis makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Went through God of War, thought it was pretty good. The story is better than the gameplay though to me personally, when it camr to the end game challenges a lot of the enemies just felt unfair with their bullshit (The burrowing dog things that never surface when you're on a time limit, the perma dodging witches, the Valkyries, that fucking Dark Elf Pricklord). I like the new Kratos, he still a dick but at least hes not completely unlikeable now.

Put a few hours in to Dragon Quest XI, just got my 3rd and 4th party members. Feels very old school, the menus are so basic and unpolished that it's as if it's a SNES game. I heard murmers about it being too easy so I added the Draconic Quest to make the enemies harder and it's pretty tough so far, wiped a few times before I got a full party and then again at the latest boss. Combat is pretty fun though and the monster designs are great, i'm liking it. The beginning really reminds me of Ni No Kuni 2 (Evil King, escaping through the sewers, overtly Japanese town) but I get the feeling this is the better game. I guess they're both just going hard on the tropes.
Ultra Mantis is offline   Reply With Quote