View Single Post
Old 02-05-2021, 10:56 AM   #2824
M-A-G
Higher. Further. Faster.

M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Superstars: May 17, 2040

We open with Jake Connelly addressing the crowd fresh off his return on Raw. "I'm sure you're all curious about how I feel regarding Brandon Reigns and what occurred last week. Time catches up with everyone. It's inevitable. I had thought it to be the case with me when I didn't make it to WrestleMania this year and had to watch a younger man bask in that glory. I wondered if I had indeed arrived at the end of the road as far as my career went. But I was struck with an epiphany as I saw that my loss on that fateful day wasn't going to be in vain. I had been bested, sure, but Brandon Reigns made it count. He did go on to WrestleMania, he did go on to win Money in the Bank, and he did go on to be viewed as quite possibly the next big superstar in this business. Now, is it fair to say that I hitched my wagon to this meteoric rise? Maybe, but I knew, I felt it in my heart, that with the right guidance and mentoring, the last big mark I would have left on the wrestling world was helping prepare the brightest future its ever seen in a talent like Brandon Reigns. Then and there, I could've proudly gone off into the sunset, satisfied that you people would be in good hands. Things have changed slightly to say the least. So to answer the question on your mind regarding how I feel well there's really only person that needs to hear it and I really can only tell it to him face to face, so Brandon Reigns get your sorry ass out here, RIGHT NOW!"

We have to wait briefly but surely enough the Intercontinental Champion makes him way out to the stage looking furious. "Stick your demands and your feelings up your ass, Connelly," Reigns declares. "I did what I did to make sure you understood the message. All you veterans just can't ever get it through your heads that you don't always make or break the careers of other people. I was doing just fine before you and I'm going to do even better after you. I don't care how mad you are, how disappointed you are, or how hurt you are. You're more than welcome to go try to mentor some other sad sap back there and see how that goes but as far as you and I go, I'm good."

Connelly is more than happy to reply. "Oh, I know you're good. You're very good. The question remains, however, is how good? You see, Brandon, I didn't want to share my anger or hurt feelings with you. I wanted to express gratitude. You did the one thing that I don't think anyone could have done for me. You helped me find that last match that I knew I still had deep down inside me. You helped me find that drive that made me what I am today. You helped me rediscover what made my career and it began with that championship you're holding right now. So this is what it comes down to, Mr. I Can Do It On My Own, let's all see you do it on your own by facing me for the Intercontinental Title at Judgment Day or are you going to continue being known as the ingrate that you are?"

"No, no, how about I be known as the man who sent you off on that sunset you were talking about earlier? You want to face me for the title? You need to offer something in return because I'm not giving you the satisfaction of trying to be relevant for nothing. You beat me at Judgment Day, you're the champion. I beat you at Judgment Day, you don't ever step in the ring again. How do you feel about that?"

Connelly takes a moment to consider this but responds with confidence. "I feel that bright future of yours might not get to see the light of day after all. You're on." It looks like we have another match for Judgment Day!

Opening Match: Nigel Gallagher vs. Bill Crockett
A way to showcase Nigel in his first match and to give the crowd some decent cruiserweight action to start things off. Nigel takes the win here, getting the pin after hitting the Union Smack. ****1/4, 81% overall.

Backstage, Hannah McCormick approaches Jenna Kyle. McCormick breaks down what's been going in regards to the Queen of Queens match at Judgment Day. Naomi Bailey doesn't mind if McCormick is added but Faith doesn't share that sentiment. Both McCormick and Faith are looking for partners for tonight and if McCormick's team wins, she can be added to the match and lucky for Jenna Kyle, McCormick is asking her to be her partner! Jenna takes a deep breath and sighs as she turns to face McCormick. "Here's the part where I shatter your dreams, Hannah. I don't want you in that match either. I've got enough to worry about with Naomi and Faith and it's bad enough that I have to go through them to get a crack at the title. So, thanks, but no thanks. Find someone else to be your sucker." Jenna leaves leaving Hannah dumbstruck.

Second Match: Lonny Richards vs. Stanley Coleman
Semi-continuing the issue between Richards and Caleb Greene as Lonny is here to go through another client of his former manager, Aphrodite. Richards dominates pretty well on his way to a submission win. Richards and his manager, Nathan Quinn, taunt Greene through the camera. ****1/2, 89% overall.

Third Match: The Tokyo Titans (Wu and Tokyo Kid) vs. The Sin City Rollers (Luis Ortega and Vic Gambler)
Just some good solid tag team action here to pop the crowd. The Titans get the win here after an even match. *****, 94% overall.

Backstage, The Play Pals question the manhood of the Unified Tag Team Champions as they inform us that they have still not heard an answer to their challenge. They note that Sonya Braddock has more balls because word is that she's open to giving Vivian Merrick a title shot. They'll be waiting.

Back to the ring, Cameron Harper looks to be on his way for a match but is ambushed by Hugo of all people. He pounds away on Harper leaving him bloodied. He looks into the camera and promises more of this.

Fourth Match: Hannah McCormick and ??? vs. Faith Connors and ???
McCormick enters first and announces that she has managed to find a partner for tonight and it's someone who isn't afraid of more competition. It's someone who actually believes in keeping things fair and is open to giving other people opportunities unlike some OTHER people around here. And with that, Hannah gestures to the stage and Naomi Bailey makes her way out to join up with Hannah.

Faith follows, making her usual entrance but she has a mic and says that she didn't bother looking for a partner because she's all about defying the odds and it'll be a great preview of what's she's going to do at Judgment Day. Faith hops onto the apron and enters the ring but before the match can begin the music of JENNA KYLE of all people hits and she comes out in her gear looking ready to compete. She climbs the steps and stands in Faith's corner??? Is she volunteering to help Faith make sure Hannah McCormick doesn't join them at Judgment Day? It sure looks that way and away we go....

Fourth Match: Hannah McCormick and Naomi Bailey vs. Faith Connors and Jenna Kyle
Connors spends the opening parts of the match hesitant and looking at Jenna with distrust. The match goes on and slowly but surely both Jenna and Faith look like they're on the same page, working as a team the way they used to. It comes down to Jenna looking to put away McCormick while Bailey is just womanhandling Faith on the outside. McCormick's lackey, Bobbi Jo, looks to hand McCormick her custom microphone to use on Jenna but Jenna steals it away from Hannah, knocks Bobbi Jo off the apron and in the heat of the moment KOs Hannah with the mic. Unfortunately the referee sees this and calls for the DQ. It looks like we're getting a four way Queen of Queens match at Judgment Day after all! *****, 97% overall.

We return from break with the ring set up for another edition of the Hot Button with the Cruiserweight Champion-Elect Michael Hotbody. He will be taking questions this time around but wants to make it clear that this time, Jordan Demiras is NOT welcome as losers have no place on the Hot Button. He takes a question from one of the press pool members: Is it true that Jordan Demiras cried like the pathetic paper champion that he is following getting beat by Michael Hotbody on Raw?

"That's an excellent question and one that you would think could only be answered by Demiras but he'd only lie and try to save face. Luckily, I was standing over his body after I had pinned him and I can tell you that there were indeed tears coming out of him. I think it had something to do with the realization that his time as champion is coming to an end and that he may need his mommy. We'll have to wait and see. Yes, you in the back, you have a question?"

"Yes, is it true that you have spent the last couple of days referring to Jordan Demiras as a whiner?"

"That is absolutely untrue and a complete misrepresentation of me. I have been referring to him and will continue to refer to him as a whiny little bitch. See, there's a difference and I hope you work to make sure only facts are reported. Next, who else has a question? Yes, you...."

"What about the role Zed Jones is playing in your career? Do you see him continuing at your side?"

"Hey, look. Zed does Zed. He's his own man. He has plans for his career that don't involve me. I don't know why people like to link us together. It's sick. But I do have a hot news item that should be very interesting and I hope Haven is listening. Zed has informed me that he wants to face Haven at Judgment Day so that it can be seen by everyone that there is nothing Zed is afraid of. The hocus pocus and mind games and what have you have NO BEARING on Zed Jones. In fact, I invite Haven to show himself right now and respond to this challenge. I dare him to come out right now! Come on out here!"

Everyone's attention is focused on the stage as they anticipate Haven making himself present. He eventually does after a bit of a way and some more taunting from Hotbody. Haven enters the ring and gets uncomfortably face-to-face with Hotbody. Hotbody doesn't seem too concerned but Haven takes the mic. "Before you get any of your hopes up, allow me to enlighten that empty soul of yours." He directs Hotbody to observe the giant screen which shows Zed Jones lying backstage face down. Haven continues, "You see, I've already accepted his challenge in my own way. I don't take part in the charades of others and I certainly don't get ordered around by pathetic worms like you. Perhaps I should demonstrate first hand what will happen if you decide to make a nuisance of yourself when I'm destroying your companion at Judgment Day?"

Hotbody takes a nervous gulp and starts to back away. "Well, uh...sir...Haven...MISTER Haven...You know, that's not really neces..." Hotbody jabs the mic into Haven's face and bails motioning the press pool to do the same. Haven glares at Hotbody as the segment ends.

Fifth Match: King Kavovit vs. Stone Walsh
Nothing major here. Just a solid match that puts another notch in the belt of Kavovit as he gets the win here. *****, 94% overall.

MAIN EVENT: Butch Fleming vs. Kerry Cemenko
Before the match, Cemenko informs us that he will be facing Xavier Cross at Judgment Day so we're getting a pretty stacked card next Sunday. Fleming mocks him because that nobody is going to have a better night because Fleming is taking the Unified World Title home. This is a heavyweight slugfest that comes to an end when Xavier Cross interjects, allowing Fleming to hit the Slaughterhouse Special for the win. Cross tries to gloat but Cemenko takes him down and they brawl around the ring. End of show! *****, 94% overall.

Overall show rating: 89%
M-A-G is offline   Reply With Quote