View Single Post
Old 11-10-2021, 12:39 AM   #316
xrodmuc316
RoBOT Reigns

xrodmuc316 makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)xrodmuc316 makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)xrodmuc316 makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)xrodmuc316 makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)xrodmuc316 makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)xrodmuc316 makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)xrodmuc316 makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)xrodmuc316 makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)xrodmuc316 makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)xrodmuc316 makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)xrodmuc316 makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)xrodmuc316 makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)xrodmuc316 makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vastardikai View Post
No one should expect that anything that works at NXT and their small, niche crowd will translate to working on the bigger, mainstream audience. Things that worked in NXT: Adam Rose and Emma's bad dancer gimmick.

They dropped the 5 count gimmick because they didn't need an awkward guy ripping off King Kong Bundy at the time. They need a guy to be muscle for Dolph Ziggler. And he was a massive dude who could fill that role.

As for your last point, this sounds like bitching because they gave Steve Austin "The Ringmaster" gimmick off the bat and he suggested tweaks to make it work. This is the thing about attitude I'm talking about: They could have very easily just bitched about the shitty hand they were dealt and they'd have been released. Instead, they believed in themselves and what they were doing, saw what wasn't working, and suggested tweaks to make it work.

That's not a failure on Creative's end. That is what separates the folks who are forgotten about from the biggest stars in wrestling. These folks would rather piss and moan than fight and prove that they want this shit. Sometimes that means suggesting changes. Sometimes, that means learning how to fucking yodel.
Early era NXT, yes that stupid stuff didn't translate. But starting with when K.O. and Balor came in, which was when Takeovers started drawing big, there were countless guys who didn't have to change anything and were over on the main roster. Then after so many botches, it became much harder to be invested the same way.

I am not sure if the exact dates, but for me personally I feel like the confidence was gone after they botched Bobby Roode. There were a few more callups after him where it was less excitement for what could be and more curiosity of how much they would screw it up.

After Ricochet and Black, that was when it seemed like it shifted to where nobody wanted to get called up because even they knew it would turn out bad.
xrodmuc316 is offline   Reply With Quote