View Single Post
Old 10-23-2016, 09:37 PM   #417
Mr. Nerfect

Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike adamle View Post
He had plenty of chances to have good matches with credible opponents before he got injured the first time in NXT. He wrestled Adrian Neville and teamed with Finn Balor.

The reason good wrestlers like that are down there is so some of the hosses that have no training can actually get better, which they aren't going to do if you take the talented ones away like Neville and Balor without offering someone to replace that talent, like Itami, Joe, and Nakamura. I expect those guys will be called up when they can be replaced so the actually rookies down there can learn and get some experience.

It's up to the great talent to make chicken salad with chicken shit.

With that said, it's professional wrestling. Injuries happen. Yeah someone green injured Itami. Former world champion Seth Rollins injured Balor. Who's to say that wouldn't happen if Itami was on the main roster?

Injuries happen.
Yeah, and those matches were fine. When he's allowed to work his style, he's fine. Itami was one of those pre-Joe signings that they felt they had to give the WWE makeover. Some of it is really good -- I like his ring garb and entrance theme. They are trying to emphasize some of his strengths presentation-wise. I don't like the wrestling re-education though. A large part of what you're talking about in the matches that weren't as good as the Neville/Balor ones, etc. is because he's holding back and trying to work like a more generic wrestler.

It is too late for the dude to re-train himself. If you don't want him on your roster -- that's fine. That's your prerogative. But I don't see the sense in hiring these international stars and then telling them "Hey, don't do what got you over in the first place." Itami is never going to work like The Miz or be able to project his personality like The Rock. You're slowing him down to the benefit of no one.

Some veterans having a presence in NXT is definitely a good thing. I've been vocal in the past about the WWE signing Tajiri and Nick Dinsmore and allowing Finlay to wrestle. I doubt he'd do it full-time, but I'd be interested in seeing Lance Storm come back too. I'm also fine with Mickie James coming back to work with Asuka. I'd like to see more main roster guys cycled down into NXT to keep things fresh and allow regenerate themselves so they don't get stale. Fandango & Tyler Breeze, The Shining Stars, Curtis Axel, Dolph Ziggler and Cesaro would all benefit from some NXT glory, in my opinion.

My problem is with bringing in these guys that are as ready as they will ever be and letting them idle in developmental. Joe has a good shot at being a noteworthy performer for WWE. His intensity is incredible, and he can actually promo. Not just talk, but promo. Nakamura is electric. He shouldn't be on television every week, but he could be a huge deal showing up every couple of RAWs or SmackDowns. Austin Aries has been leaving me cold, but as I've said, I'm all for him being a side-player in the Bobby Roode story. Sign James Storm and call-up Austin Aries and Roderick Strong to serve as an anti-New Day faction. Maybe Strong will catch some personality by osmosis?

Some veterans working with the younger talent is good, but you also need to remember why you truly signed some of these guys in the first place. If it was to give them a shot, then give them a shot.
Mr. Nerfect is offline   Reply With Quote