View Single Post
Old 09-08-2021, 11:08 AM   #2
Jordan
It's a blood match!

Jordan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jordan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jordan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jordan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jordan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jordan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jordan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jordan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jordan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jordan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jordan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jordan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jordan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Kevin Owens -

The reports say he signed a 5 year deal in 2018 with an opt out clause in the 3rd year. I assume that goes for talent and company. Owens or Steen, recently tweeted out the coordinates to Mount Rushmore which was the name of a group he was apart of with Adam Cole and The Young Bucks, and then deleted the tweet afterwards. He then changed his Twitter location to "almost there".

We've seen talents use Twitter as a way to initiate a bidding war with WWE in the past like Randy Orton. But Owens is one to watch out for because the situation is interesting on many levels. Owens obviously is close with a lot of the AEW roster and would fit in there perfectly. On the flipside he is older and may want the security of a WWE contract, plus I know his kids are WWE fanatics and I think that would have some influence on the way things go. Also he is older and has neve been the WWE prototype and with recent cuts I could see WWE themselves choosing to take the opt out clause.

Personally when AEW began I was really hoping that Owens would've been apart of it. I remember being disappointed that he renewed with WWE, it was right at that point where AEW was becoming a real thing but wasn't yet a real thing. Danielson and Mysterio also resigned with WWE at that time if I'm not mistaken.

Obviously with every potential WWE to AEW jump we are going to talk about AEW bloating their roster but at the same time when certain talents become available it's really hard to imagine not taking advantage.
Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote