View Single Post
Old 09-17-2016, 07:01 AM   #28732
Wishbone
I'm a loner, Dottie...

Wishbone puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)Wishbone puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)Wishbone puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)Wishbone puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)Wishbone puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)Wishbone puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)Wishbone puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)Wishbone puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)Wishbone puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noid View Post
I completely agree with this, and have often thought of comic books being quite similar to wrestling. Except I'd argue that comics have enjoyed a heightened success due to the success of Marvel/DC movies (although I haven't actually seen numbers to back this up).

I actually think the ratings share for wrestling should be much higher than it's ever been -- given that, as people point out, television itself seems to be a dying medium in the form of network television and cable. What else are people watching on a Monday night if not new live content? I don't think it's just that wrestling is niche, but it seems to be something that people are actively avoiding.
Eh, comics right now are doing pretty good, but they're not growing as much as you'd think they would with the success of the movies. They're making more money than they've ever made, but that still means they're making waaaay less than pretty much any other medium out there right now. I don't know the exact numbers, but I do know from talking with guys in the industry at conventions and whatnot that working on comics barely pays the bills. A lot of them have to take commissions on a regular basis or find work outside the industry too to make ends meet. Still, you're right that there is growth there, mostly in the form of kids and millennials who are flocking to all the new characters popping up like Ms. Marvel and the focus on more comedy related content. Books like Deadpool and Harley Quinn seem to be a big indicator of the future of the industry. At least that's what I've noticed.
Wishbone is offline   Reply With Quote