View Single Post
Old 09-10-2019, 01:00 AM   #21
Mr. Nerfect

Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emperor Smeat View Post
I think AAA is the bigger of the two in Mexico in terms of status, prestige, and maybe even in pay.

A merger won't work unless Anthem sells the company and Sinclair is notorious for only investing in the bare minimum for ROH and viewing it as nothing more than cheap weekly content. Also doubt the same people who are causing problems for ROH are going to leave which means Impact-ROH is going to end up being doomed anyways.
I think it would be more likely Anthem take ROH off Sinclair’s hands because they specifically want wrestling products. You move over the ROH roster and keep Bully Ray as a talent/trainer at the Baltimore Dojo. The same thing with Delirious, except maybe he coaches/contributes creatively. He could use a break. Josh Mathews can move into a different role and Ian Riccabonni can head up commentary with either Don Callis or Colt Cabana. Todd Sinclair no longer has to referee every match. Give Joey Matthews a job as a coach.

The on-air would greatly benefit from an infusion of ROH guys. PCO, The Briscoes, Jay Lethal, Alex Shelley, Mayu Iwatani, Jeff Cobb, Josh Woods, Bandido and Rush would all help out and be fresh additions. I’d definitely prefer to see that happen than having two underwhelming properties.

AAA is bigger at the moment, but I think CMLL is more prestigious, at least in terms of its history, isn’t it? Either way, you don’t really *need* a partnership in Mexico anyway. Ideally you’d be able to pay your talent enough that they don’t need to take lucrative outside bookings.
Mr. Nerfect is offline   Reply With Quote