Thread: Ratings Thread
View Single Post
Old 12-05-2019, 01:51 AM   #1053
Mr. Nerfect

Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCrippyZ View Post
Yeah, that's gonna work out really fucking well in the long run. Just what folks wanna see, NXT becoming Raw and SD. JFC.
I don't think that's the plan though. I mean, Meltzer said it would be at the start, but that was obviously just assumption or baseless speculation, and it didn't really make sense. I mean, this company doesn't do things logically, but AEW only really exists because of fans' frustrations towards them, so it wouldn't make sense to give them more of the same to cure that.

This is a Triple H boutique product and something that is being used to shop more content and the idea that he can run things when Vince is sitting in an Alpha Entertainment boardroom. There's nothing inherently wrong with a lot of the WWE talent, and most of them would do damn well in AEW if they were there. I think the plan is going to be more Daniel Bryan vs. Adam Cole than Natalya shows up and farts in Dakota Kai's coffee.

But hey, this is WWE. I do think that their desire to smoosh everything is even stronger than their desire to fuck everything up. It's smooshing everything that lets them fuck everything up. And so far, NXT has been a logical product. I understand the anxieties behind "This is WWE" though.
Mr. Nerfect is offline   Reply With Quote