View Single Post
Old 05-01-2018, 07:27 PM   #1166
Mr. Nerfect

Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Is there any word on who actually put this deal together? It's such a politically inept move. Politics are hard to separate from everyday life, but there are ways to be far more "apolitical" than what they are doing. McDonald's treat their workers like shit, but it doesn't stop me from eating a Big Mac when I am drunk at 2am. People can't live in bubbles, even if every dollar we cast is a vote for the world we want to live in. Whatever. They've done shows in the country before. But who the fuck thought that entering into a 10-year PR relationship with them was a good idea?

The current world is so unpredictably transient that it is foolish to make predictions about what the world will look like in 2 years, let alone 10. I'm sure Vince had a lot to do with this, but it honestly feels a bit like a Triple H thing too. Remember when he thought that Guardians of the Galaxy, from Marvel Studios wasn't going to do well at the box office? He's pretty clueless about some things. I was kind of trying to just be "whatever" about the company doing it, because we all know they don't actually have morals, but it's the soppy propaganda during and around the show, and that statement from the Saudi government that they won't show women athletes on TV again that proved Triple H to be full of fucking shit within the same week he opened his mouth. We all knew he was full of shit, but dude -- the same fucking week it gets proven. It can't even be a couple of years down the line that the country proves it's got no interest in the bullshit agenda you are promoting for them?

No one can guarantee that the country is going to move forward. Triple H cannot make a promise that he will be able to get women on the show by 2028. I doubt even he would be foolish to say that publicly. They can't promise the country will move forward, or even that it wants to. It's absolutely bullshit and they had to go and make it one of their bullshit completely unsubtle token things.
Mr. Nerfect is offline   Reply With Quote