View Single Post
Old 12-04-2021, 11:00 PM   #251
Mr. Nerfect

Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Since #fan has been going absolutely insane about this in the Ratings Thread, I’m going to come back in here and explain myself because he’s latched onto this so hard:

I checked out TPWW on my lunch break and saw a bunch of people, can’t remember who, acting like The Rock was back. When I’ve signed in, I think I’ve got a lot of them on ignore (so probably Guru Dave and/or Damien Rey), which is further proof of why ignoring them was a great idea. I had a little laugh at how fickle a large contingent of the online wresting audience can be, with their simple WWE = bad narrative, and my perception that they were complaining that they somehow got The Rock back. I then got attacked because it turns out The Rock didn’t come back (which would have been my guess, considering the dude is SO fucking busy and can’t afford to take bumps), and for not actually watching a show they were complaining about.

So take it as a hypothetical. I’m sure if The Rock did come back and raise Roman’s arm or something, they would complain. Yes, that’s a hasty generalization, but I think it’s a correct one. But I in no way feel embarrassed about scanning TPWW, taking in some bullshit posts and making a flippant comment. Nor am I embarrassed because I did not watch Survivor Series, lol. I also stand by everything I said about it making total sense for the WWE to promote The Rock’s debut at the event 25 years ago, and it being pretty unreasonable to expect the guy to come roaring back into wrestling when it could jeopardize his film schedule.

I hope that clears things up. I did not know if Rock actually came back or not — I would have said no. In fact, I said in Vastardikai’s thread that it may be possible for him to send in a video or something, which would have been cool, but that’s about the most you could hope for. I just read that he had from some shitty posters, and made a flippant remark about how fickle some people are. It works whether he actually came back or not, because I’m pretty sure those people are going to remain as fickle.

Cheers! Your friendly neighborhood Noid.
Mr. Nerfect is offline   Reply With Quote