Thread: Bitter Wrestler
View Single Post
Old 01-02-2018, 05:10 PM   #50
Mr. Nerfect

Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by #BrotherVito DELETED View Post
Punk seemed receptive to working with The Rock and, in his own words, thought it would present a good challenge. He knew Vince's vision was going to be to run Rock/Cena 2 but with the belt on the line....so Punk's personal goal was to hit it out of the park to convince Vince to make it a triple threat instead of running the same match as a year earlier.
I was on board at the time, but then I smartened up a bit. I mean, really, you have a choice between John Cena vs. The Rock and crossing into 1 million buys, or you've got a chance to do The Rock vs. CM Punk (and let's just keep the three-way thing clear, because they do suck), which one are you honestly going with?

Punk's WWE Title reign was actually boring as fuck. I don't even hate the guy, but there's a reason that other stuff was treated as being more important. It was more important. The WWE gave Punk such a long time to catch on, and he just...didn't matter. Not to the point he did in 2011 anyway.

Then it's "wah, wah -- I didn't get my pay-off." Mate, you had 400+ days or whatever to try and deliver something. It comes WrestleMania time and there's bigger fish to fry, that's at least a little bit your fault.
Mr. Nerfect is offline   Reply With Quote