View Single Post
Old 05-15-2018, 10:04 PM   #100
Mr. Nerfect

Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lock Jaw View Post
Really enjoyed that match, but unsure why they would give it away for free
I think a big "problem" with Nakamura (if you can call it that), is that there would be a large segment of the audience that does not know how good he really is. Hell, there is a large proportion of the internet audience that doesn't understand it. Given that I don't think Nakamura has wrestled on Raw, and there are more people that watch Raw than SmackDown or have the Network, then it stands to reason that there are "WWE fans" that have never seen Nakamura wrestle.

Over the course of last year, they did have Nakamura beat Cena and Orton on television and what have you, but I think the reasoning behind this match is to hook those people who just aren't seeing Styles vs. Nakamura on the Network to try and get them to get it. I don't know why this would budge that statistic, but I think that's the reasoning.

It's not like they actually sell their shows as PPVs anymore. You just need the Network and most of the time you can get that for free or close to it, so what are they really losing out on?
Mr. Nerfect is offline   Reply With Quote