View Single Post
Old 09-11-2019, 05:58 PM   #2093
Mr. Nerfect

Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by #1-wwf-fan View Post
She’s a trans woman. What did she transition from, a potato?

She was born with a Y chromosome and her body developed as a male. Even though you downplayed it, you admitted that there are generally differences between men and women physically. You acknowledge gender labels and then back off when it gets uncomfortable. I get you’re trying to be ultra safe and not offend with “labels” but when it prevents you from having an honest discussion, back up and find a middle ground.
I don’t know how her brain and body were working, so I don’t know. I don’t know why a potato would wish to transfer into being a human when they’ve already got it made.

Her brain or body may have always had “female” qualities. We just don’t know that much about her. Did her body develop as a male? Did her mind? She may have developed in some ways as a woman which has encouraged her “transition.” My point isn’t so much about labels as the complexities of identities — mental and physical — and how that shapes us.

Nyla might very well be like “Yeah, I used to be a dude.” And that is fine. It may or may not be true. When dealing with trans people and trans issues, it’s just way too hard to go back and talk about concrete black and white, especially since we’re learning more about how biological sex is much murkier than the binary we’ve always thought of it as.

Nothing about what you said struck me as offensive or anything. It’s just that word “scientifically.” It’s seriously just that word, because I think it makes too many assumptions about who Nyla used to be and how her shit worked. She was identified as male, maybe even identified herself as male, but I think it’s too rigid to say she was scientifically male. And frankly irrelevant (not that you were playing up it’s relevance as anything more than curiosity).

She may have been a male, sex-wise or gender-wise, but it might be murkier than that. That’s all I’m saying.
Mr. Nerfect is offline   Reply With Quote