Thread: Mass Effect 3
View Single Post
Old 03-11-2012, 01:52 AM   #410
LoDownM
Retired Prolly.

LoDownM puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)LoDownM puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)LoDownM puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)LoDownM puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)LoDownM puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)LoDownM puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)LoDownM puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)LoDownM puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)LoDownM puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathtotheSwiss View Post
Okay, just finished the entire game. Wow. Even with some of the glitches and moments where the game told my Xbox to fuck itself I have obsessively been playing this game for days now. Something like 34 hours and I did every side mission I could find (plus multiplayer). Not sure how my Readiness Level actually played out in the end but most of my galaxy was 94% and above and only because of multiplayer. Without multiplayer everything would probably have been in the 70s for me.

Long Rant with spoilers:
SPOILER: show
Was slightly confused at the end. I knew I wanted to kill the Reapers, but wasn't real sure of which side to go to. Chose the red side and just started shooting. After the credits my body twitches...and some really bad actors pretend they just told the story that I played. Shep becomes a legend...but I'm not entirely clear as to whether he killed the Geth as collateral damage. I didn't want the Geth to die.

Also weird, I took my Prothean friend along with Garrus with me on the final mission. Figured we had a shot at living and I really like both characters. Later, when Joker finds himself in the path of a relatively tiny beam of energy and crash lands on some pretty jungle planet, the Prothean comes out of the ship along with Tali (Shep's love interest)...I saw all these people on Earth. Why are they suddenly on the ship???

I love the game, but there are definitely some signs that it was rushed here and there. That said, this is the only game where the cut-scenes actually matter to me. The climactic space battle was pretty fucking awesome, as was the assault on Earth. For those of you who've been to or live in London, do all the doors have that weird green hologram thing on them?? Also, do people talk like Admiral Anderson in England? I didn't peg his accent as anything but American. :/ He even rolled his eyes to the side when he mentioned for the second time that he was born in London.

Next time I play the end mission I'm going to go ahead and choose synthesis. Wanna see if they do a weird Akira ending. I feel like him choosing anything at the end is a bit silly, how would he know if he was under Reaper control? The option to control the Reapers just seemed a bit too...I dunno...evil?

I love the game, it has a shit-ton of improvements and the combat was fun. In ME2 I just tried to get it over with so that I could get to the next scene. This time I enjoyed the strategy of it. Would really have hated shouting out my commands, however. Using the wheel to have multiple things done in the fraction of a second is pretty much essential for my play style. Fucked that Ninja Dude's shit right up thanks to coordinated Overloads.

Was hoping that my decision to kill the Reapers would ultimately end with Shep alive and back on the Normandy sailing off into the "sunset" ala Star Trek. Maybe if I choose one of the other endings I'll be able to do that???

Anyways...craaaazy.
That was Buzz Aldrin at the end, not just some terrible voice actor Bioware picked up btw.
LoDownM is offline   Reply With Quote