View Single Post
Old 08-29-2019, 09:59 AM   #1933
Jordan
It's a blood match!

Jordan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jordan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jordan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jordan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jordan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jordan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jordan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jordan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jordan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jordan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jordan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jordan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jordan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
I've been thinking about AEW and the immediate future as far as main story booking goes. I think that AEW is in pretty good shape as far as main events go right now. If they keep a strong story for each of the main guys (Jericho, Cody, Mox, Omega & The Bucks) then I think they can go at a much slower pace than WWE does when it comes to plowing through programs/feuds.

AEW Championship

I'm thinking Jericho has to win this. AEW hasn't done much to build Hangman Page to a point where he should win the Championship first. Plus it will fit right into Jericho's career motif of big time Championships. But where do we go from there? There is supposed to be a AEW Championship on an upcoming episode of AEW on TNT. I'm thinking a possible rematch, Jericho (c) vs Page. Perhaps Jericho cheats to win at ALL OUT and this rematch comes up that way. That seems pretty basic to me so I hope for something else. Jericho vs Spears might be better if Spears looks strong against Cody. However having a former WWE mid carder in the first big time main event on TNT may not be the best look.

I'd go balls to the wall and promote MJF to challenge Jericho for that first AEW Championship defense. I can only imagine how fun that would be. Perhaps MJF saves Cody's ass against Spears and that ends up going towards this shot. Also hopefully a couple of big wins as well. MJF and Jericho on TV would probably be legendary.

It's a bid odd that Omega is hung up with Pac and Mox, I think it will be some time before we see the rematch with Jericho. Whenever the last PPV of the year is I think we will see Jericho vs Omega with Omega taking the AEW Championship.

I've felt that way since the spring, that Jericoh and Omega would rematch for the title and Omega would win. However you could sell me a Jericho year plus long title reign, set the tone for the biggest championship in AEW.
Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote