View Single Post
Old 01-17-2019, 06:17 AM   #10729
Fignuts
Hey Mister!

Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Helmsphere View Post
It's a reboot/retelling.

Broly as a character wasn't actually apart of the Main Dragonball Story, as are characters such as Cooler, Janemba, Bojack...etc

This is basically moving Broly story into the Main DB Universe, with a retelling of his story. Frieza is handed the keys to King Cold's Empire due to him retiring, where Frieza meets the Saiyans for the first time, gives them Scouters...etc

King Vegeta is proud of his son Vegeta as a baby and his power level, and the potential he has, until he is told of another Saiyan baby with a higher potential. King Vegeta is pissed at this and send Broly to be sent to a far off planet that is inhabitable and is dangerous and is more then likely going to kill the child.

Paragus follows Broly to this planet to save his son. Frieza learns of Broly high potential and decides to blow up Planet Vegeta, Gine and Bardock send Goku off to earth...

Only differences, Broly is not a monster who is triggered by a crying baby, and he hates Vegeta not Goku.
Best Dragonball movie imo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fignuts View Post
So my town isn't going to get the Broly movie, and I prefer subtitles anyway, so I just downloaded a cam version and watched it.

First impressions are this is the best Dragon Ball movie ever. It's a little over half the movie before any real fighting starts, but I was very entertained for all the set up. Lots of really cool flashbacks and insight into the saiyan empire and their relationship with Freiza. Some new characters introduced that I genuinely liked and enjoyed.

Broly is given a bit more of a personality. Not much, but the important thing is you're given more reason to care about him than the previous version.

Then the fight starts. And holy shit is it good. Forget about this being the best that Dragon Ball has ever looked, this is one of the best looking anime I've ever seen.

Fucking tremendous stuff.
Only thing I didn't like was Bardock. They made him more benevolent, and he is far less interesting for it. He was way cooller in the old special. Better outfit too.
Fignuts is offline   Reply With Quote