View Single Post
Old 04-17-2018, 07:23 PM   #64
Mr. Nerfect

Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by #1-wwf-fan View Post
Cena. Miz. Wyatt. Orton. Ziggler. Basically anyone who can cut a believable promo and not sound like an awkward indy geek trying too hard to cut a generic wrestling promo automatically wins. There's also a ton of lower card guys who just don't get a chance to cut serious promos like Fandango who have shown the ability to work the mic like a pro if given the chance.
Here are the caveats with some of those guys:

* John Cena I'll 100% give you.

* The Miz can't wrestle to back it up.

* Wyatt's gimmick sucks and his promos haven't meant anything on the variety show without some point and credibility. People zone out and that's why he's stuck in a tag team with Matt Hardy and being auxiliary on pre-shows.

* Ziggler looked to be getting better, but then he came back down to "I'm trying...to have...a good...promo" mode.

* Orton is someone I love more and more, and I do love his "I don't give a fuck" style, but AJ has a similar thing.

It's really a wash for me. I think Joe is better on the mic, but Styles filters his charisma through his ring work just as well, so I actually find Styles that tiny bit more interesting (although I do love Joe). Heyman is obviously a master on the mic, but he's not a wrestler, so comparing their ring skills doesn't work out.

I dunno, man -- I think you're just really hard on AJ Styles.
Mr. Nerfect is offline   Reply With Quote