View Single Post
Old 09-23-2018, 12:40 PM   #45326
Cool King
King K Cool

Cool King makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Cool King makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Cool King makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Cool King makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Cool King makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Cool King makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Cool King makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Cool King makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Cool King makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Cool King makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Cool King makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Cool King makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Cool King makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
I watched Judgement Day 2002 today even though I was planning to do that yesterday. I'll catch up eventually.

Anyways, my usual random (and mostly pointless) thoughts on what I've just watched:

• You can see the boom mic above Stacy's head.

• Seeing a very young Sign Guy made me wonder where he is these days. I don't think I've seen him or any of his signs in months.

• Here's a "Fun Fact", Batista's first word on WWE Television was "Sinner".

• I found it strangely coincidental that I was watching this PPV which featured a Hell in a Cell match and talks of an upcoming "big event in Australia" (Global Warning) at the same time that we had a Hell in a Cell PPV (and matches) and current hyping of Super Show-Down.

• I get what she was going for given the match stipulation but I just found this sign to be a bit strange.

Speaking of Edge though, Lawler saying that Edge's head is shaped like a dinosaur is probably one of the most random things I've heard Lalwer say but JR did give me a good chuckle when he replied with ""His Head is shaped like a dinosaur", where the hell did you get that?".

It's what we were all thinking.

• The Booker T and Goldust skit when Goldust appears in bed with Booker T and a woman he met is one, along with the "Slurpee & Wiener" skit, I remember so vividly and find funny every time I watch it.

The team of Booker T & Goldust were golden (pun not intended).

I did however notice that when Booker T turns out the light, you can still kinda make out movement on screen and can make out Goldust getting into bed. I remember watching that back in 2002 and you couldn't see anything. It was just a black screen.

I can only assume that it's got something to do with WWE's "master copy" or whatever you call it or how SD converts to HD or something.

I will also say that I've always loved how Lalwer can had to skits like that with his screams, just like he did when he saw Booker's bare ass as Booker ran out of the room.

• Seeing the Hell in a Cell after seeing the new red one last week makes me realise how much better the old cell was. For one thing, the old one looked more "legit" and more painful looking if you were to get smashed into it. The new red one looks more "friendly" so to speak. It kinda reminds me of a big toy, almost plastic looking.

Plus, the old cell is easier to see through. The new red one isn't really as clear, which I remember reading at the time was a problem people had with TNA's "TerrorDome/Steel Asylum".

After Triple H & Jericho's Hell in a Cell match, JR did a good job explaining why you don't see Hell in a Cell matches that often and all I could think was that all that means absolutely nothing now because we get at least two Hell in a Cell matches every year and even one year (2016) we got four.

• This was the debut of Undertaker's new theme after using "Rollin'". I didn't realise it at the time but he stopped using "Rollin'" after Hogan destroyed his motorcycle as he was no longer "Rollin'", so to speak.

A funny fan moment during the Main Event was when Hogan Irish-Whiped Undertaker into the steel steps and Taker crashed into them and it sent him flying over them and you clearly heard a fan yelling "Holy Shit! Did you see that!? Oh my God!".

• I'll end this post with a random image from the show that comes with no context:

Cool King is offline   Reply With Quote